Week 1 - Rams vs. Cowboys - SNF

RamRod

11 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I don’t know how anyone can say this. It’s not like anyone is calling him Saquon-like after his first game or something ridiculous like that. 

There was nowhere to run up the middle most of the time, and his spin move outside was nasty looking

Theres a whole lot more to see before making a judgement on a guy 

I’m not making a judgement on his career, I am just saying that he looked bad his first game, because he sure as heck wasn’t good or great. Akers will come along in due time, but he sucked his first game, and that’s fine with me because I had little expectations for his first game, and he might not even be good against Philly, but he’s a rook, I have high hopes for him and he’ll right the ship 

Edited by NYRamsFan88

26 minutes ago, TVScout said:

How so?

From what I understood, it could be a difference between roughing the passer or illegal hands to the face, but feel free to correct me.

Also not to mention that it's a lot more noticeable when the QB still has the ball (or should be). Calls will always get missed by refs, but when it happens when while the guy has the ball and all eyes are on him, it's inexcusable. Not to mention that in this case, you're comparing a play that ended up in a pick and put the team in field goal range to one that just contributed to ending a drive, with a punt to flip field position. 

Do you have a clip of the Dak one instead of just a screencap? I honestly don't even remember seeing it live and I watch Donald a lot. 

20 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Man, how are you not a Pro Scout by now with your ability to make such quick assessments on players entire careers?

19 hours ago, btfd16 said:

It's almost like the dink and dunk was a game plan against a very good, top 5 front 7, not reflective of the OL... and one game is not super indicative of an entire season (or Akers/Henderson careers)

18 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Honest to god flounch is a Niners/Seahawk or worse a Eagles fan. Dudes always whining even after a win. My lawd. I’ll admit Akers didn’t look explosive. But dude first game ever by the kid. You probably would have cut Arian Foster after his first 10 carries in the nfl. 

I'm not saying that Akers or Henderson will have a disaster carreer. But we saw that Brown could handle the running position when he was healthy. 

With a 2nd pick we could have draft a position of need. That's why i said it was a waste of pick.  

19 minutes ago, Flounch said:

I'm not saying that Akers or Henderson will have a disaster carreer. But we saw that Brown could handle the running position when he was healthy. 

With a 2nd pick we could have draft a position of need. That's why i said it was a waste of pick.  

Did you watch the Thursday Night opener? Do you not understand what a dynamic RB can do for an offense? Much less what a pair of them could do?

Brown is fine, but he didn’t do anything more than run hard and take what was infront of him. But that’s the definition of a JAG, which will catch up to us, and hold this offense back, just like a washed Gurley did last season

14 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Did you watch the Thursday Night opener? Do you not understand what a dynamic RB can do for an offense? Much less what a pair of them could do?

Brown is fine, but he didn’t do anything more than run hard and take what was infront of him. But that’s the definition of a JAG, which will catch up to us, and hold this offense back, just like a washed Gurley did last season

A dynamic duo in the TNF ? Must be blind, i didn't saw any dynamic duo in this game. It was a one man show between Edwards and Johnson.

Brown is such an underrated player and saying he didn't do anything than run hard and takes the yard in front of him is kind of a joke...

But why not, if you prefer a player like Akers who has only the potential yet and not showing anything on the field rather than Brown, it's your choice. 

5 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Brown is more than a JAG. He's a JAG-level athlete, but he's very skilled and has great instincts. He got more than what was blocked because of his vision and hard running.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Brown is more than a JAG. He's a JAG-level athlete, but he's very skilled and has great instincts. He got more than what was blocked because of his vision and hard running.

Nah, he’s a guy. And that’s fine, you need them too. But he’s not ever going to be a Top 20 back, or a game changer. And that will limit what this offense can be

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

Nah, he’s a guy. And that’s fine, you need them too. But he’s not ever going to be a Top 20 back, or a game changer. And that will limit what this offense can be

Outside of the one drop, he played damn well and changed the game for the better for us.

• Like 2

On 9/15/2020 at 5:05 PM, jrry32 said:

If Brown doesn't get hurt in 2018, I would've loved to see what he could do when Gurley sat out. CJ went wild, and I think Brown would've earned a payday with those 3 games. 

That incredible play he made against the saints that year showed he can do more than just put his head down and get 4 yards. I just don't know how consistently he can.

• Like 1