Week 1 - Rams vs. Cowboys - SNF

RamRod

Bummed out I have to work for the first Sunday of the season but got lucky the Rams play Sunday night.

I'm sure the Cowboys are the favorite but I think it will be a tight game. Our linebackers make me nervous though. 

Hopefully a better result than that game last year.

I think if we faced the Cowboys later in the season, we would lose, but we are lucky that we get them so early. It will take time for them to learn Nolan's defense and adjust to McCarthy as HC and any schematic changes. With no preseason games and shortened offseason, this makes early games even harder for teams with new HC. 

Rams win 27-20.

Higbee and Woods each get a TD.

• Like 2

I really don't know. Cowboys have more talent on paper, but they have a mostly new staff and no preseason. There's going to be some sloppiness early in the season. Should be fun to watch, at least.

EDIT: Although, it is worth noting that Goff generally sucks on SNF. We'll see if that trend continues.

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, RamRod said:

Bummed out I have to work for the first Sunday of the season but got lucky the Rams play Sunday night.

I'm sure the Cowboys are the favorite but I think it will be a tight game. Our linebackers make me nervous though. 

Hopefully a better result than that game last year.

The LBs give me nightmares..I can see Zeke gashing us, however this time we won’t have the tackling machine in Littleton to take guys down after they’ve gained 15-20 yards. 

All kidding aside (sort of) I believe Goff and the offense will do enough to help us win, and Donald will cause enough terror despite facing double triple teams, and despite our LBs getting rolled on in the run game; Rams win 34-27 

Rams are going to win. They will score 30+ points. The Cowboys defense lost a lot of people so I expect McVay to take advantage of that. Plus I just finished listening to a clip of GMF and Peter Schrager talks about how excited McVay is about what’s in store for the offense. Goff is motivated, having the new OC has helped Goff a lot and they are so excited with the rookies Akers and Jefferson. Also Kyle Brandt even said he thinks the Rams offense will have a huge year. So Week 1 I expect the Rams offense to come out and put up light up the scoreboard and win. The Cowboys will score too but the Rams defense will come out to play and make key stops when needed to help the Rams get the victory to open up their new stadium on SNF. I’m saying Rams 33 to Cowboys 27. 

Edited by stl4life07

On 9/10/2020 at 12:20 AM, stl4life07 said:

The Cowboys defense lost a lot of people 

We also added a lot of people. Poe, Griffen, Greggory, A Smith, B. Carr, Diggs. + our 2nd round DT who missed most of last year. 

On 9/10/2020 at 12:51 PM, btfd16 said:

Cowboys run a bunch, we pass a bunch.

Passing Rushing
Rk Player From To AV G QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Rate Lng Int Sk Yds Y/A AY/A NY/A ANY/A
Att Yds TD Y/A Lng
1 Dak Prescott 2019 2019 16 16 8-8-0 388 596 65.1 4902 30 99.7 62 11 23 151 8.2 8.40 7.68 7.84 52 277 3 5.3 42
2 Jared Goff 2019 2019 12 16 9-7-0 394 626 62.9 4638 22 86.5 66 16 22 170 7.4 6.96 6.90 6.46 33 40 2 1.2 8

its closer than you make it sound. You guys had 30 more attempts (~2/game) and 6 more completions (< .5/game) last year. And thats with Garretts run run run mentality vs McCarthys pass heavy system.