2020 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

George Fant as a team captain seems like good news. Obviously captains are voted for more than just on the field capability, but I doubt he'd have been voted in as one if he wasnt showing up each and every day and doing his job. It's good to see a free agent acquisition get recognized as a leader. The only other one the Jets have had like that recently is McClendon.

Edited by Sandwhich2

7 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Honestly thought Bell would get a captain spot this year being how he seemed to say the right things all offseason and being a vet

If the coaches decided I think Bell might have had a shot but because its the players I think it makes sense. 

Darnold and McLendon were locks, Mosley might have been if he was here. Maye makes sense as he's the returning vet defensively in the backfield. Fant is the surprise. Farley is special teams, made the most sense as far as returning guys. 

31 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

George Fant as a team captain seems like good news. Obviously captains are voted for more than just on the field capability, but I doubt he'd have been voted in as one if he wasnt showing up each and every day and doing his job. It's good to see a free agent acquisition get recognized as a leader. The only other one the Jets have had like that recently is McClendon.

From what I’ve read is that he’s kinda taken the leadership role on the OL. Honestly thought McGovern might have been that guy... so it’s a bit surprising to me.