Best Week #1 Prediction Yet

onejayhawk

Turnovers. 

I cannot claim this one. It came off the Wire. No one has been in game conditions for well over half a year. Holding on to the ball in practice is not the same as in a real game. Turnovers are going to skew more than one matchup. Look for veterans to make a statement, even if they are not particularly good veterans

Shoddy tackling is another easy prediction. Veteran teams also have an edge here, even if the roster is subpar.

J

I'm going to say big (30+ yard) plays in the passing game. Zone coverages might be shaky with no prep time. Sure, people had "mental" reps, but that doesn't capture what actually goes on.

There are going to be a few busted coverage plays where a WR/TE/RB goes 60+ yards uncontested.

• Like 1

I'm betting no rookie will make a significant impact until after a bye week - these rookies are all due a baptism by fire, they all have to acclimate to the speed of the NFL as soon as they hit the field. No preseason to get the jitters out, it's go right out the gates.

This being said - keep an eye out for any rookie who keeps up immediately. Whoever that will be is going to be a superstar.

21 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm betting no rookie will make a significant impact until after a bye week - these rookies are all due a baptism by fire, they all have to acclimate to the speed of the NFL as soon as they hit the field. No preseason to get the jitters out, it's go right out the gates.

This being said - keep an eye out for any rookie who keeps up immediately. Whoever that will be is going to be a superstar.

I'd take that. Clyde Edwards-Helaire could make an impact tomorrow night. Usually, some rookie RB does the first week. 

I think I'll drop the E-H and call him Clyde. I'm old enough to remember Walt Frazier.

J