Video Games News/Buzz thread

thrILL!

6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Excited to get 2K23. I almost bought it a couple of times, but free is best. If you don't have JWE2, it's pretty fun as well.

**** yeah!! I was just thinking I wanted to do a back in time franchise 

I’m a big LOTR fan but the Gollum game might be the worst game ever made and there was never any point since I heard it was being made that I didn’t think this would happen. 

On 5/31/2023 at 5:39 PM, Ty21 said:

I’m a big LOTR fan but the Gollum game might be the worst game ever made and there was never any point since I heard it was being made that I didn’t think this would happen. 

Every update that wasn’t a cancellation was wild

• Like 1

That FF7 rebirth trailer looked Good.

2 discs though... Does not bode well for me given I have a digital only PS5 and crappy rural internet.... Going to be a very long download time for that game.

Trailer for those who haven't seen it.

Edited by rob_shadows

On 6/8/2023 at 10:59 PM, rob_shadows said:

That FF7 rebirth trailer looked Good.

2 discs though... Does not bode well for me given I have a digital only PS5 and crappy rural internet.... Going to be a very long download time for that game.

Trailer for those who haven't seen it.

The next year will likely make or break Square Enix.     They absolutely need both Final Fantasy games to be pretty massive hits.   I think FF7R will.    Not entirely sure about 16, even though I plan on buying it.

If they can get back on track with these games, they really need to reevaluate the direction they are going.....because outside of the Final Fantasy series, they are a laughing stock.

On 6/11/2023 at 11:33 PM, 43M said:

The next year will likely make or break Square Enix.     They absolutely need both Final Fantasy games to be pretty massive hits.   I think FF7R will.    Not entirely sure about 16, even though I plan on buying it.

See I kinda think the opposite...

I wasn't high on hopes for FXV. All in all, it was about what I expected - a solid but unspectacular experience.

I liked the FF7 Remake, but I wasn't blown away by it. I don't think it's sales will be quite as high as the first... maybe I am wrong.

I think FFXVI is going to be incredible. I've been pretty blown away by trailers and everything so far. It definitely seems more Souls like, but that's okay for this for me. It won't be AS difficult as those either. The Mature rating intrigues me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

See I kinda think the opposite...

I wasn't high on hopes for FXV. All in all, it was about what I expected - a solid but unspectacular experience.

I liked the FF7 Remake, but I wasn't blown away by it. I don't think it's sales will be quite as high as the first... maybe I am wrong.

I think FFXVI is going to be incredible. I've been pretty blown away by trailers and everything so far. It definitely seems more Souls like, but that's okay for this for me. It won't be AS difficult as those either. The Mature rating intrigues me. 

Guess we will find out.   I loved FF7R, and it has nostalgia and familiarity on its side, whereas FF16 looks good, but is a bit of a toss up that no one is exactly sure what to expect.

Not saying FF16 wont sell well, but I think many people will wait to see reviews.   If they are really good, then I think it could outsell FF7R, but FF7R has that pre built in fanbase that 16 doesnt.

• Like 1