Video Games News/Buzz thread

thrILL!

4 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Im assuming that we would have heard about it by now but i will happily be wrong.

I predict July

They have stood pat on first half of this year. With it on gamepass and how Todd doesn’t love long wait times after they really show it off… I could see it being a not too long wait after this show.

But yeah May/June is far more likely at this point 

12 hours ago, Malfatron said:

I thought telltale was done

They disbanded for a little bit but got back together.  Tbh don't know all the details, just know Telltale is a thing again lol I think it got bought out from someone else but they are operating under the Telltale game with I believe most of the same people who worked on the games to begin with

I think that is how they were able to finish the last season of The Walking Dead, which is the last game they released. 

They released a trailer 11 months ago saying the game was coming out in 2023 but no update since.  Still listed on their website as coming out though.  One of my favorite game worlds ever though, would absolutely buy day one.  My fear is it will get pushed to early quarter 2024.  Not sure they would release in the fall with other games coming out and I never expect any game to release in the summer.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, there is a new Maximum Football game coming out.   Previous versions were very meh, but a bigger studio apparently took over and rebuilt the game in Unreal Engine 5, and it looks relatively decent....

Obviously,  we wont know until its released, but its apparently FREE TO PLAY....so if I hear its decent, I may check it out and eventually donate to them.

This is the only chance to get a decent alternative football title.   NCAA comes out next year, but I will never trust EA.

This will never compete with EA, but could at least provide a good alternative to the trash we currently get.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Wouldn’t mind it being in the mold of AC origins or Odyssey.

But who knows.

Could work, make a bunch of 1/3 size of odyssey maps on different planets.

Just usually temper my expectations with Ubi, when they land them it’s nice. When they don’t quite live up to the hype it hurts.

No matter how good a game looked, I would never pay money for a game that requires online play just to play it.

I’ve never heard of such a thing before I just read something on the Suicide Squad game.

What sense does that make? I can’t possibly make sense of that.

19 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

No matter how good a game looked, I would never pay money for a game that requires online play just to play it.

I’ve never heard of such a thing before I just read something on the Suicide Squad game.

What sense does that make? I can’t possibly make sense of that.

It’s a multiplayer service game, those need to be online usually. Even if you can “play it solo”.

It’s an open world, wonder if they are hosting the map so players aren’t tethered or have to rely on a host.

Its stupid they went that way for game design but that part makes sense at least. Of all the things Rocksteady could’ve done, a multiplayer Suicide Squad game would have probably been at the bottom of the list.