Video Games News/Buzz thread

thrILL!

26 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

A lot of videos coming out w/ FF XVI game play and storylines and it looks like it'll be a huge winner. Can't wait to get my hands on it

Yeah I had my questions when I originally saw FFXV footage... I haven't gotten that so far from this. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Yeah I had my questions when I originally saw FFXV footage... I haven't gotten that so far from this. 

I get it for a few reasons. I know a lot of people in the FF world don't like this style of combat since it's so much different but I really liked FFXV for the most part. This looks like a continuation of that style of play and, again, I'm good w/ that. FF VIIR's combat was amazing to me and this looks somewhat similar in the pacing of it

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sony event was pretty tame.

Spider-Man 2 looks cool.
Dragons Dogma 2 looks like it could be fun. Never played the 1st.
Metal Gear remake should be good, but not even any gameplay footage.

Other than that... pretty meh. FF16 still looks great.

Edited by Jeezla

Spiderman looks okay. Was wondering how they’d make Peter seem like Miles’ equal since he has so many more abilities than him so the venom symbiote I guess bridges the gap for now. 
Dragons Dogma I scrubbed past as soon as I saw capcom 

Assassins Creed looks like it’s finally returning to its roots and playing like an actual assassin game. Valhalla was the absolute furthest thing from an AC game, literally just fighting out in the open, collecting territories and making everyone know who you are. It’s like they don’t have faith in creating new IP’s so they forced the concept onto AC and it didn’t make sense. Im a long time Ubisoft enjoyer/apologist but atm I don’t know if I’ll care about anything they do 

On 5/24/2023 at 5:46 PM, Jeezla said:

Sony event was pretty tame.

Spider-Man 2 looks cool.
Dragons Dogma 2 looks like it could be fun. Never played the 1st.

Other than that... pretty meh. FF16 still looks great.

Yeah was gonna make a thread about it but was super meh.

Couple Indies I’ll probably play, but not a ton to really get all that hyped about.

I liked seeing the symbiote suit stuff for Peter. But outside of the combat just felt very scripted and not much of a jump. Writing/dialog didn’t really improve, which was one of the things that disappointed me about the first one. Yuri as aggro-Peter was a nice change.

13 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah was gonna make a thread about it but was super meh.

Couple Indies I’ll probably play, but not a ton to really get all that hyped about.

I liked seeing the symbiote suit stuff for Peter. But outside of the combat just felt very scripted and not much of a jump. Writing/dialog didn’t really improve, which was one of the things that disappointed me about the first one. Yuri as aggro-Peter was a nice change.

The sad part is it will still be better than w/e the next X Box event is. 

"We got new Starfield footage! And a couple games that will also be on PS5"

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

The sad part is it will still be better than w/e the next X Box event is. 

"We got new Starfield footage! And a couple games that will also be on PS5"

They should actually have a good show this year, yeah they probably will do something dumb though.

Like last year was supposed to be backed and they shot themselves in the foot with only doing games coming in the next 12 months. Got worst when a handful of them didn’t even do that.

Excited for the Starfield showcase, but always a wait and see until proven otherwise with the rest of their show. Already bracing for more needless Forza.

Couldn’t be less surprised by the early reports that LOTR Gollum is the “worst game of the generation”. All the things they could’ve done (and prime with their show) and they’re just ****ing it up left and right. 

On 5/27/2023 at 11:45 AM, Ty21 said:

Couldn’t be less surprised by the early reports that LOTR Gollum is the “worst game of the generation”. All the things they could’ve done (and prime with their show) and they’re just ****ing it up left and right. 

You know a game is bad when developers are apologizing about it not even a week after release lol that's wild 

They were probably forced to push the game out

• Like 1

On 5/24/2023 at 5:46 PM, Jeezla said:

Yep, I was wary of that as well as the fact that it's gonna be internally-developed by Konami and not outsourced like the Silent Hill 2 remake is. Konami has a ways to go before winning back good will of the fans like Capcom has since 2017, but man, this and the Silent Hill 2 remake would really go a long way towards that if they're any good. 

Then again, I'm instantly reminded of the garbage they put out with Contra: Rogue Corps and Metal Gear Survive and maintain heavy skepticism. What they did show (which wasn't much, mind you) looked visually-satisfying, though.