Video Games News/Buzz thread

thrILL!

On 6/14/2023 at 4:02 PM, MikeT14 said:

I think FFXVI is going to be incredible. I've been pretty blown away by trailers and everything so far. It definitely seems more Souls like, but that's okay for this for me. It won't be AS difficult as those either. The Mature rating intrigues me. 

Star Wars: The Old Republic is being shifted from BioWare to Broadsword, many fans of the game are saying this is EA‘S way of putting it on life support.  It’s still a great story game, especially the original class storylines, but I have to think new content, which was already at a standstill, becomes even less frequent.  

On 6/21/2023 at 10:44 AM, thrILL! said:

these graphics!!  🤯

This is easily my most anticipated game release right now. It’s about time Nintendo released another 2D Mario game.

Also gonna get Pikmin 4, Pikmin 1/2 physical bundle and the Mario RPG game.

• 2 weeks later...

For my fellow 90s geezers out there....

Apparently the new wrestling game, AEW Fight Forever, feels very much like Revenge and No Mercy from the late 90s.

I am not really a wrestling fan anymore, but I really wanna try it.

Unfortunately, outside of the gameplay, the features are apparently paper thin.   I hope it sells well though.  A sequel could potentially see alot more features added.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Volition has shut down.

Seeing as what they did to Saints Row. Couldnt have happened to a more deserving bunch.

I came here to post about that. Thankful for SR2 but they’ve been a mess of a developer since almost ps2 days 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2023 at 8:59 AM, 43M said:

For my fellow 90s geezers out there....

Apparently the new wrestling game, AEW Fight Forever, feels very much like Revenge and No Mercy from the late 90s.

I am not really a wrestling fan anymore, but I really wanna try it.

Unfortunately, outside of the gameplay, the features are apparently paper thin.   I hope it sells well though.  A sequel could potentially see alot more features added.

I know this is an ancient post but did you ever get it? Those games were my **** back in the day

1 hour ago, Norm said:

I know this is an ancient post but did you ever get it? Those games were my **** back in the day

Not yet.   I heard the gameplay is fun and does feel like those games, but its so barebones in terms of match varieties and game modes.   I might check it out if it ever goes below $15.    

With AEW getting more popular, I hope they can build on top of this game, because apparently its a good start.   Just needs more do to and better customization features.

21 minutes ago, 43M said:

Not yet.   I heard the gameplay is fun and does feel like those games, but its so barebones in terms of match varieties and game modes.   I might check it out if it ever goes below $15.    

With AEW getting more popular, I hope they can build on top of this game, because apparently its a good start.   Just needs more do to and better customization features.

I'm flying the high seas right now to try it out. Lol. I played revenge one night and a year ago and I expected to play like 20 minutes and boom hours went by somehow which never happens to me anymore with games. I'll post about it if I ever find time to load it up.

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1