College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

2 hours ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I would put all of my money on us not drafting a QB this year. We were looking for somebody big this year until Baker got his feelings hurt. Nobody big is left so we'll take somebody's scraps or a FA and deal with this season to get to draft a better prospect in 23. 

what do you mean? What did Baker's feelings have to do with us looking for somebody big? We looked at one guy, one that we morally should have never looked at, and he said no thanks. Every other move we can make at this point is most likely linear to what we would get with a healthy Mayfield. 

My opinion...I'm more concerned about us actually getting a kicker that can make important kicks and allow us to reduce the number of 4th downs we feel we need to attempt than I am with trying to find an upgrade to BM. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Gimme A massive tank year followed by 1:1 CJ Stroud next year.

Unless we unthinkably trade off key assets, not including Mayfield, this team cannot tank without completely incompetent coaching, in which case we are talking about a complete housecleaning.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

My opinion...I'm more concerned about us actually getting a kicker that can make important kicks and allow us to reduce the number of 4th downs we feel we need to attempt than I am with trying to find an upgrade to BM. 

That's sick and all but Baker's not going to be here next year because his pride is wounded. The team has already said they'll have him back, but he wants out. It's sour grapes. 

Also who gives an F who the kicker is if we have no QB? 

2 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

That's sick and all but Baker's not going to be here next year because his pride is wounded. The team has already said they'll have him back, but he wants out. It's sour grapes. 

Also who gives an F who the kicker is if we have no QB? 

with all due respect, the majority of posters in here seem to think any QB is an upgrade to Baker, so i'd venture to say a reliable kicker is pretty important. 

Also, isn't this where it was at with Green Bay and Rodgers a year ago? Nobody thought he was going back to GB, yet he did, and he also ended up with a lucrative extension afterwards. 

4 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Also, isn't this where it was at with Green Bay and Rodgers a year ago? Nobody thought he was going back to GB, yet he did, and he also ended up with a lucrative extension afterwards. 

You're right about Rodgers, but I think there's a lot more tethering a QB to a setup where he just won MVP in 2020. The only playoff win in my time as a fan is huge, but with the Mortensen report that the organization is looking for "an adult," I'd think it's less likely they'll play ball with Baker's emotional responses. 

2 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

You're right about Rodgers, but I think there's a lot more tethering a QB to a setup where he just won MVP in 2020. The only playoff win in my time as a fan is huge, but with the Mortensen report that the organization is looking for "an adult," I'd think it's less likely they'll play ball with Baker's emotional responses. 

I disagree. Rodgers had already received multiple lucrative extensions. He had already won a SB, and MVP's. He could have retired and still been considered one of the best ever. Baker is in the last year of his rookie deal, his value isn't on the ascend. If we don't want to trade him, him holding out now won't attract better offers that we will accept, and it won't help him get out if he really wants out. 

Also I want to call something out. In your first response you stated his pride is wounded and the team already stated they want him back but he wants out. In your most recent response, you reference Mortensen's "adult" comment and then mention Baker's emotional responses. So why is it okay for someone in the organization to share that alleged quote with a reporter, but then to be critical of Baker for him responding to it how he has? If Baker's persona is that bad, why do we want him back? Why would Seattle or Indy be rumored to be interested in him if he has "adult" issues? Better yet, we have concern with BM and those alleged issues, but we are more than willing to trade 3+ first round picks for a guy that 1. May be suspended for a lengthy timeframe this coming season 2. Was accused by 22 women of sexual assault 3. May have in fact sexually assaulted 22 women 4. If he didn't assault the women, put himself in a position where he could be accused of such by engaging in sexual activity with 22 women he paid to provide standard massage services to him? That sounds like a guy that makes excellent decisions. He also sounds like the person I want as the face of my franchise. Which one of those two has the bigger "adult" issues? 

Watson has thrown for 30+ touchdowns once in his career, and topped 4k yards passing 2x (4165 in 2018 and 4823 in 2020). 28-25 record, 1 playoff victory. Baker had 3725 as a rookie only starting 13 games and finished with 27 passing touchdowns. Was all of this really worth it for him? 

• Like 1

@H2ThaIzzo, the level of irrational hate for Baker in this forum...I can't even read this crap anymore. There are reasons to be critical, but folks are going down such bizarre lines of logic to match their confirmation bias. They just never wanted him due to reasons. Many didn't even like him when he succeeded.

• Like 1

Just now, NudeTayne said:

@H2ThaIzzo, the level of irrational hate for Baker in this forum...I can't even read this crap anymore. There are reasons to be critical, but folks are going down such bizarre lines of logic to match their confirmation bias. They just never wanted him due to reasons. Many didn't even like him when he succeeded.

it wasn't due to his play...until it was. It wasn't due to his off the field stuff...until it was. Hell, last year when he went on the 14 game run where he played really solid with no #1 WR mind you, the same people who claim he is a bum and has no talent, were the same folks who were on twitter saying he's the franchise, real deal guy. We had so many areas of opportunity last year, QB wasn't close to being the biggest or only issue, however he's become the scapegoat to everything. 

Just now, H2ThaIzzo said:

it wasn't due to his play...until it was. It wasn't due to his off the field stuff...until it was. Hell, last year when he went on the 14 game run where he played really solid with no #1 WR mind you, the same people who claim he is a bum and has no talent, were the same folks who were on twitter saying he's the franchise, real deal guy. We had so many areas of opportunity last year, QB wasn't close to being the biggest or only issue, however he's become the scapegoat to everything. 

IMO Baker will get traded and the team will get worse. A year, two tops and we clean house. Meanwhile Baker will have an amazing second act.  I hope I'm wrong, but we'll see.

I dont understand this spell Baka Maybefield has put over yall 😂

Just accept he was our Jared Goff. We needed our team to be able to build around someone. He helped us develop as we learned how to win. 

Maybe we legit bring him back. I'd love for him to raise his value so we can trade him for a higher pick. Baker come back with the biggest attitude you can and come to play. Raise yo value someone will want to come get you. 

Tell then you under contract come to work or get fined, and if you play like **** to spite us its only going to make your situation worse. 

This the NFL buddy. ****z a business stop being so sensitive. Grow tf and play football. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

IMO Baker will get traded and the team will get worse. A year, two tops and we clean house. Meanwhile Baker will have an amazing second act.  I hope I'm wrong, but we'll see.

Is this because you think Baker’s good or this just isn’t your first rodeo with the Browns?