College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

6 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Olave is a guy I would not take until the second round. He doesn’t have those dominant NFL skills although I think he will be a good and consistent player over a long period of time.

I think he’s going to be a very capable #2 WR for a long time but might never make a pro bowl.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Olave is a guy I would not take until the second round. He doesn’t have those dominant NFL skills although I think he will be a good and consistent player over a long period of time.

Any chance we get him in the second if he runs a 4.3

Also he is in the running for top ten based on how well OSU wr do in the big show.

20 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Why are people all of the sudden bashing Olave for being consistent?

I’ve had this take going back over a year now. I think he’s super fluid and sure handed, but he sucks against press coverage right now and needs to get better/bulk up or he’s going to find himself in the slot or a number 2 against zone teams.

Edited by MWil23
  • Like 1

Olave the type of dude that you would love to draft in the second round, but he won’t get out the late first. 

Some team with an established QB will love his consistency. I don’t see Olave getting past the Chiefs. 

He’s like Robert Woods. And if we’re being real that’s worth a first rounder. 

Edited by brownie man
  • Like 2

This is gonna be a sad comment......I always seem to form my mock Draft based off what the "Browns" needs are this year, while my board is made up off all players regardless of need. I have a tendency to pay more attention to our positions of need.

And this year is a REALLY strong year for Kickers coming out.....thank the Almighty....I think there are 3-4 Legitimate NFL Kickers out there, no Mike Nugent's or Sebastian Jankowski's out there.....

I think we should bring in Cole Tracy, as a Free agent and then use the 7th or Priority UDFA to bring in one or all of these guys.

#1. Zack Long -Tulsa (I really want us to use our 7th or get on the horn in round 5 and let him know he's got a tryout)

#2 Chandler Stanton - Appalachian State (Got a Kicker name and has been consistent for a 5 years)

#3 Parker White - South Carolina (had an up and down career, but seems to  have put it all together this year)

#4 Nate Needham -Bowling Green (Big Leg.....)

Would be really happy with George Pickens in about the fourth round to go along with a higher drafted receiver. He tore his ACL in the spring which led to him not playing a lot this past year. Super high upside, bigger, skilled receiver. Better version of DPJ potentially. 

• Like 2

On 1/22/2022 at 2:14 PM, MSURacerDT55 said:

Its not as far fetched as you think, the rise of the Offensive Tackles in this class along with the top Edge Guys, of course the QBs, at least three will go, Dean is going to be up there, Kyle Hamilton is definitely going to be there and Stingley and Gardner, we could be sitting there with the choice of the top WR along with maybe Leal and the Center from Iowa

could you imagin Hamilton against Kelce,Andrews,and Kittle