College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

4 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

0:59 on the first highlight, look at Nick Bolton make the play 1 on 1 though šŸ‘€. But he is would be the day 1 punt returner/KRĀ 

Toney reminds me of a baby Percy Harvin

I definitely see this.

Ā 

The closest to Percy Harvin for me has been and will be Rondale Moore. Heā€™s got that ā€œheā€™s the best athlete on the fieldā€ vibe when I watch him. Harvin is the only human being Iā€™ve seen straight torch Darrelle Revis.

• Like 1

Rondale Moore is more of a prime Steve Smith 89. Heā€™s a great and nuanced receiver whereas Toney is more of a linear gadget player. Toney isnā€™t a good route runner. That said, neither was Harvin or even guys like Metcalf. You donā€™t have to be a great technician to be great, but it sure helps.

I think Moore is a safer bet to be great whereas Toney has sightly more of a chance to bust. Moore is a 1st rounder. I think Toney goes R2 at best...more like R3.Ā 

We desperately need EDGE depth and help opposite Myles in some capacity if we donā€™t get Vernon back at a reasonable price.

We desperately need a true athletic 3 down MLB.

We need 1-2 more corners and safeties even if Greedy and Delpit come back healthy.

On the offensive side, interior line depth and a burner at WR would be nice.Ā 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

We desperately need EDGE depth and help opposite Myles in some capacity if we donā€™t get Vernon back at a reasonable price.

We desperately need a true athletic 3 down MLB.

We need 1-2 more corners and safeties even if Greedy and Delpit come back healthy.

On the offensive side, interior line depth and a burner at WR would be nice.Ā 

1-Shaun Wade CB

2-Jaelan Phillips DE

3-Paris Ford SS

3-Jalen Twyman DT

4-Tylan Wallace WR

4-Chris Rumph DE/OLB

5-Ventrell Miller OLB

6-Jose Borregales K

7-Lorenzo Neal DT

UDFA-Paddy Fisher MLB

Ā 

*Sign a top LB in FA.Ā 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

If heā€™s our slot/FS hybrid, sign me up. If heā€™s an outside guy, hard pass, at least that high.

Heā€™s definitely not as good as the past OSU 1st round CBā€™s, but heā€™s certainly worth a 1st IMO. Heā€™s got great size, ball skills, and speed. He lacks the ability to disrupt the catch point. Thatā€™s something I think he can fix.Ā 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2020 at 4:38 PM, NudeTayne said:

Hopefully it's my bubble that will be burst and not y'all's, but I'm seeing Toney mostly mocked around early second round. If we could get this guy in the late third-to-late-fourth, *Kool aid guy breaking through wall gif*.

Whoa. I just saw a mock draft on profootballnetwork with Toney going #15 overall--sleeper no more.Ā 

And don't anyone tell @QBIso--no reason to create the need for a suicide watch--that Phillips went mid-high first round in that mock.

31 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Whoa. I just saw a mock draft on profootballnetwork with Toney going #15 overall--sleeper no more.Ā 

And don't anyone tell @QBIso--no reason to create the need for a suicide watch--that Phillips went mid-high first round in that mock.

That doesnā€™t surprise me. Heā€™s really good.

Ā 

Tutu Atwell is another shifty guy I like.

• Like 1

Been doing a lot of digging and my two favorite guys at our first pick are Daviyon Nixon and Zaven Collins.
Ā 

However, this corner class absolutely rules and I wouldnā€™t be shocked if we grabbed somebody with our first.
Ā 

Shaun Wade is the perfect slot cornerback and could essentially be our Chris Harris Jr guy for good. This is, in my assessment,Ā probably our biggest DB hole entering next season with Kevin Johnson playing like hot *** and signing only a 1 year deal.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Jaycee Horn and Caleb Farley are awesome on the outside and potentially could fall with so many early teams needing offensive line/QB help. Outside cornerback is kind of a luxury for us at the moment, but these guys are going to be really solid players forever.Ā 
Ā 

If I had to make a list of who I want most in round 1, it would look like this...

1. Daviyon Nixon, DT

2. Zaven Collins, LB/ pass rusher occasionallyĀ 

3. Shaun Wade, SCB

4. Caleb Farley, CB

5. Jaycee Horn, CB

6. Kwity Paye, DE (doubtful he lasts until our pick)

7. Jay Tufele, DT

8. Nick Bolton, LB

9. Jevon Holland, SCB/S

10. Carlos Basham, DE

• Like 3

Oklahoma runs the most perfectly balanced offense in college football. This years team just doesnā€™tĀ have the talent of past teams. Itā€™s not a 7 on 7 finesse passing attack either. They pound the rock too.

Ā 

The key to their success is the obvious QB and HC connection. However, they recruit 5 star WRs every year and haveĀ mammoth sized offensive linemen.

Iā€™m not really interested in a first round DT, I feel that position in particular is so hit or miss.

Of we resign OV, I probably wait until day 2 for a DE. Ā Heā€™s been a solid starter this year, but we do need more depth and an eventual replacement. Ā Iā€™d personally look to keep him on a short term deal if we could.

Corner is a reasonable option R1. Ā Itā€™s a premium position and short of Denzel we have nothing but question marks.
Ā 

Linebacker is the only other option R1 imo. Ā This would be my preference if one is BPA as I feel like LB is the least talented position group on the roster and hinders our defense the most. Ā At least with the secondary we can look to guys like Greedy, Delpit, Harrison, etc. coming back next season. Ā 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

At least with the secondary we can look to guys like Greedy, Delpit, Harrison, etc. coming back next season. Ā 

Not exactly encouraging since the first two couldn't make the field at all and the third couldn't stay on it regularly.

11 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Corner is a reasonable option R1. Ā Itā€™s a premium position and short of Denzel we have nothing but question marks.

Agree completely.