College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

53 minutes ago, zelbell said:

Call me an OSU homer, but Oweh would be a god if he had those physical abilities and got coached by Larry Johnson

Not even being an homer, just recognizing a GOAT positional coach

• Like 2

I do not think we have a clue as to what is going on at BereA

1point trade up we surrender are extra 3rd and get Jaycee horn.

2nd We find 2 trade partners trade are extra 3rd and are extra 4th

Get a 2nd round pick then trade are 2 second round pick for say the

10 overall and get Rousseau 

This would give us a devastating backfield or a king of the hill pass rush.

Anyways just throwing out some ideas.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

I do not think we have a clue as to what is going on at BereA

1point trade up we surrender are extra 3rd and get Jaycee horn.

2nd We find 2 trade partners trade are extra 3rd and are extra 4th

Get a 2nd round pick then trade are 2 second round pick for say the

10 overall and get Rousseau 

This would give us a devastating backfield or a king of the hill pass rush.

Anyways just throwing out some ideas.

Would take a lot more to move up to 10, but love the concept.

Think I proposed something like this in the only mock I did.

Leverage the picks...we do not need or have room for 9 rookies.

37 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Your right 2 seconds plus are 1st should get us to a top 10 pick.

5 hours ago, brownie man said:

Man I don’t trust pro day numbers. 

never have. 

It’s disappointing not to have the combine where we know the testing environment is equal throughout. 

Yeah I’d love it if this year would teach people that pure unadulterated game film is and always should be the go to when looking at prospects. Maybe with fake data this year we are a year away. Nobody “moves up draft boards” based on underwear olympics. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah I’d love it if this year would teach people that pure unadulterated game film is and always should be the go to when looking at prospects. Maybe with fake data this year we are a year away. Nobody “moves up draft boards” based on underwear olympics. 

Yeah I think that’s mostly media selling hype for clicks bull****.

The combine/pro days numbers really only need to be “within normal limits”.  But, that doesn’t draw interest.

And honestly, I’m sure that scouts already know who’s a freak long before the combine and pro days.  They’ve been talking to their coaches and had decades long relationships with them in some cases. If someone is a freak, word will get around.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bruceb said:

We apparently have been in communication with Paye.

I'd be ok with this, as long as his numbers look good. He's a good football player who plays hard and is well coached and disciplined. 

If his numbers are good to freakish, that shows he has physical upside.

As far as Oweh, people compare him do Danielle Hunter but he was taken in the 3rd round, this is where Oweh should be taken. Using a major asset such as a 1st round pick on such a project like him should be a fireable offense if he busts.

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, bruceb said:

We absolutely have room for a WR, OT, DE, DT, LB, CB x 2, S and possibly a 3rd running back.

We definitely don’t need to add players for the sake of adding players, but if they’re better than what we currently have at those spots, then absolutely. Every one of those spots has UDFA’s or replacement level players (at best) who could, and ideally should, be upgraded.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I'd be on with this, as long as his numbers look good. He's a good football player who plays hard and is well coached and disciplined. 

If his numbers are good to freakish, that shows he has physical upside.

As far as Oweh, people compare him do Danielle Hunter but he was taken in the 3rd round, this is where Oweh should be taken. Using a major asset such as a 1st round pick on such a project like him should be a fireable offense if he busts.

People look at Hunter and think “how did we miss on him, he’s such a FREAK!?!” and immediately start looking for the next guy with freak numbers who lacked production and label him the next Hunter (or whoever).  

What they seemingly never do is look to the slew of other players who were also freaks and unproductive and continued to be exactly that against better competition.

There has to be a marriage of physical talent with actual production.

So I started looking at mid-late round receivers and holy **** you guys there are so many good speedsters available in that chunk of the draft. I think that's exactly what we were missing in the WR room last year. Consider all of those plays we ran a quick little jet with Jarvis around the goal line. Now imagine what that looks like with a burner in space. I really feel that's a dimension we'll look to add later in the draft. 

Browns had a virtual visit with Demetric Felton so he's on the list. Played a ton of RB but might go the Curtis Samuel role in the pros. 

Looks to me like the FO tipped their hand a bit with that visit and I think all of these guys are potential selections at WR from Round 4 on...

• Amari Rodgers
  • Dazz Newsome
  • Shi Smith
  • Anthony Schwartz
  • D'wayne Eskridge
  • Whop Philyor (probably my favorite)
  • Marquez Stevenson
  • Demetric Felton
  • Like 1