Week One Recap: Packers make Zimmers Defense Look Offensive

mikebpackfan

Positives:

-Aaron Freakin’ Rodgers

-Offensive weapons aplenty. Even though losing Adams would probably still put us in the hurt locker, we have enough talent with him there to get things done. 
-backup Olinemen weren’t embarrassing  

-jaire is still really good  

-Z is still really good

-The no fans in the stands didn’t detract from this game for me at all, as long as we don’t lose half the team to the 19 anytime this year, I still will enjoy watching football 

Negatives:

-Maybe Martinez wasn’t the problem

-goal line offense:  let’s lose the shotgun, please?

-Lotta dumbness out there, could have gotten called for unsportsmanlike in our only defensive stop of the 2nd half  and really screwed us.

Complete Awfullness:

-injuries to Taylor and Clark 

I’m probably forgetting stuff—always love beating the Vikings, but lord, this Defense needs help. 

Edited by mikebpackfan

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I mean, the D looked better after that 1st drive and then looked like crap when they went into "game over" mode. I'm going to choose to look at that time period and hope the D is that one.

I have to convince myself this is the case.  Gonna be tough.  Lions score 24 and I’m losing it.

10 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

D still badly needs a D lineman. Just that one addition I think does wonders out there. For the rest of the DL and our ILBs. 

Still have questions about Pettine either way, but I didn't see anything positive at all today from Lowry, Lancaster or Keke. 

We've all been saying it all offseason, and then Clark goes down and we've got nothing of note to stick in there.  Gute better have Snacks on line one.  I'd sign Snacks and Veldheer this week if I was him.

• Like 3

Aaron Rodgers looked God Tier again.

MVS is needed. Had two horrible drops but man he was wide open deep. No one else has the speed we need to open up the offense deep.

Lazard looked solid to me.

I want to see more A.J Dillion but I feel none of our Rbs got into a grove.

Gary made an impact!

Barnes #51 rookie ? He made a splash play. 

Jaire Alexander was awesome.

We need Clark in the worst way.