Week One Recap: Packers make Zimmers Defense Look Offensive

mikebpackfan

Love how Rodgers looked today. Davante was amazing. MVS was good even with the two big drops, you need his speed on the field. Lazard had a nice TD too. Jones got it going in the 2nd half.

Jaire Alexander got us the spark we needed. Love how he stepped up today.

I'm still concerned about ILB and Savage's second half was ugh. We definitely need reinforcements on the DL even if Clark was healthy. Hopefully he isn't out too long.

Rough for Lane Taylor who was playing well to have his season end. Lucas Patrick hopefully isn't hurt too bad. But interior OL help is needed. Is Jenkins our new RT? Or is Wagner gonna stay there now that we have the injuries? OL shuffling is confusing me. 

Edited by FAH1223

57 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

You sure you're not just saying that cause his dad married your parents? In all seriousness, I thought he played well considering he's a day 1 rookie TE.

I was also glad to see Rodgers go back to MVS after his two drops. I think it shows he's going to push him through his hard times.

His dad married his wife***

and I'm sad that I forgot about that one. I gotta remember that for whenevner he makes a big play

Edited by Norm

I'll give the defense a little credit. After Clark went out, they didn't collapse with the game very much in doubt. Most of the Vikings points (24) came after the Packers had taken a 19 point lead.

The fact that Rodgers was able to get MVS catches after the 2 drops could be huge long term. 

I'd hate to be a DC trying to figure out how the Packers are going to attack them. Vikings looked bewildered and the Packers haven't even utilized the TE's yet. 

Everybody's calling for Snacks, but the guy we'll probably see is Daylon Mack. 

I'm just glad that Rodgers wasn't too stubborn to self reflect and realized he was part of the problem. His mechanics looked sooooooooooooooo much cleaner today on the deep balls. He went through his progressions rather than waiting for Tae to break on his route. Took the checkdown instantly when called for. It was refreshing. If he plays like that, we're flat out a Super Bowl contender. I don't mean 350+ yards and 4 TDs either. Play within the offense and we'll thrive. Don't go off schedule unless it's absolutely called for like the 1st Davante TD. You can just tell the trust level grew this offseason and that stuff that was said about becoming better friends wasn't just locker room talk.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

Just want to say, the only throw I'm mad at Rodgers for is throwing a bullet to Deguara instead of putting a little touch on it while he got past the LB. I don't recall him being under pressure that play but I may be wrong. I just remember it being really quick and definitely couldn't have expected Deguara to be where the ball was thrown by then with the LB on his inside hip.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Just want to say, the only throw I'm mad at Rodgers for is throwing a bullet to Deguara instead of putting a little touch on it while he got past the LB. I don't recall him being under pressure that play but I may be wrong. I just remember it being really quick and definitely couldn't have expected Deguara to be where the ball was thrown by then with the LB on his inside hip.

I’m not positive but watching it live, Deguara looked to run that route pretty poorly

Edited by Arthur Penske

7 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I’m not positive but watching it live, Deguara looked to run that route pretty poorly

I don't think he did. I think the LB got inside leverage on him and he just couldn't get to the spot that Aaron threw it. It happened pretty quick. He may have ventured a bit too far outside the hash but, regardless, some touch and leading him, Deguara was getting by the LB as the ball hit the turf. It's being incredibly picky but that was the only throw that I was pissed at Rodgers on. 

Tho, he did have a short throw to Davante that he didn't get enough on because he was falling back and got it out quick that looked a bit like how he threw short last year. He remedied that though so I didn't have to get too pissed there. He was borderline flawless today and it was amazing to see that again. I thought it was gone forever after last year. Nobody on the planet is happier than I am today because my heart belongs to #12 forever lol. I hated being overly critical of him last year but he was just an ignoramus throughout the year, on the field, despite the 13-3 record.

Edited by beekay414