Week One Recap: Packers make Zimmers Defense Look Offensive

mikebpackfan

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Nobody will ever touch 2011 Rodgers in my eyes. That year was like watching football with a boner for 4 months.

I mean, to give you an idea of how absurd that year was....we've had two guys throw for 5000+ yards and 50+ TDs and one throw for 4800+ yards and 50+ TDs and couldn't beat that year QB rating wise nor performance wise. 2011 Rodgers will likely never be touched.

'11 Rodgers: 122.5 QB rating, 4643 yards, 45 TD, 6 INT, 9.0 TD%, 9.2 Y/A, 10.5 A/YA, 15 games
'07 Brady: 117.2 QB rating, 4806 yards, 50 TD, 8 INT, 8.7 TD%, 8.3 Y/A, 9.4 A/YA, 16 games
'04 Manning: 121.1 QB rating, 4557 yards, 49 TD, 10 INT, 9.9 TD%, 9.2 Y/A, 10.2 A/YA, 16 games
'13 Manning: 115.1 QB rating, 5447 yards, 55 TD, 10 INT, 8.3 TD%, 8.3 Y/A, 9.3 A/YA, 16 games
'18 Mahomes: 113.8 QB rating, 5097 yards, 50 TD, 12 INT, 8.6 TD%, 8.8 Y/A, 9.6 A/YA, 16 games

11 Rodgers
04 Manning
18 Mahomes
07 Brady
13 Manning

in order

33 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m defending 11 players.  You’re defending 1 coach.  10 players on our defense were major free agent additions or first/second round picks.  I’m not the one with the issur

OMG you can both count and make completely irrelevant statements, congratulations. 

The fake you're making irrelevant excuses kinda shows you do have an issue, after all you're the one saying if _____ happens again, you're going to lose it. 

That's kinda you admitting you have an issue, and now you're claiming you don't...

14 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I mean, to give you an idea of how absurd that year was....we've had two guys throw for 5000+ yards and 50+ TDs and one throw for 4800+ yards and 50+ TDs and couldn't beat that year QB rating wise nor performance wise. 2011 Rodgers will likely never be touched.

The efficiency was otherworldly. It's what puts it on top for me. Seasons like Peyton in 2013 or hell, most of Brees seasons, just don't compare due to the sheer volume they needed to accrue their lofty numbers

45 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Jenkins started at RT, Patrick started at LG.  When Patrick got hurt, Jenkins moved back to LG and Rick Wagner played RT.  Why was Jenkins starting at RT? I have no idea.

I will say, I would prefer to go with Runyan at RG to see what he has rather than going to the scrap heap.  As far as I could tell, Runyan was fine.

LaFleur said he was going to play the best 5, even if that meant Jenkins at RT. So I guess he/they felt like Patrick was in the best 5 and Wagner wasn't (at least right now... Wagner might still.be recovery from injury maybe?)

3 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

The efficiency was otherworldly. It's what puts it on top for me. Seasons like Peyton in 2013 or hell, most of Brees seasons, just don't compare due to the sheer volume they needed to accrue their lofty numbers

Yep. Rodgers threw 502...FIVE HUNDRED AND TWO...passes that year. Brees, especially, needs 670+ to meet those type of numbers lol.

Edited by beekay414

33 minutes ago, spilltray said:

Other than the 4th quarter, and maybe the first drive of the game, the D played great. By the time they relaxed, the game was out of reach, so I really don't get all the angst here.

Zimmer admitted in post game that it looked like GB changed up its defense in the 4th quarter from what they were playing the first three after the large lead. People need to relax a bit. We definitely need to play better defense in conservative situations but it is what it is. Either Pettine or the players saw the large lead and were playing too lax to end the game. 

• Like 2