Ryan Kerrigan breaks team sack record

naptownskinsfan

Nah we should trade him because he is aging and can’t be needed since we have other startes there!! Congrats Ryan!!! There aren’t many players that have came here that have earned a accomplishment that’s actually something to be proud of!! We it’s Gus like Chase and Montez he nigiri not keep this very long but he’s a pick we can all say we’re proud we made

3 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Nah we should trade him because he is aging and can’t be needed since we have other startes there!! Congrats Ryan!!! There aren’t many players that have came here that have earned a accomplishment that’s actually something to be proud of!! We it’s Gus like Chase and Montez he nigiri not keep this very long but he’s a pick we can all say we’re proud we made

we could get a 4th for him

rather would play him if we can contend to win the east

Couldn't be happier for him. He was smiling from ear to ear when Riverboat gave him the game ball after the game. 

Now would be the best time to trade him, but I hope we never do. You can see the respect and admiration that young guys like Young and Sweat have for him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Canuck said:

Couldn't be happier for him. He was smiling from ear to ear when Riverboat gave him the game ball after the game. 

Now would be the best time to trade him, but I hope we never do. You can see the respect and admiration that young guys like Young and Sweat have for him.

RR has a soft spot for veterans still with talent and do things the right way! I would be shocked if he was traded. 

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

He’d probably have a heck of a lot more had we played in the 4-3 his whole career.

Yeah, I’m sure that’s it... dude, he broke the team sack record and he played all but one of his games since 2011 in a 3-4. People still don’t get it. He rushed the passer almost every play as a 3-4 OLB. He surely exceeded everyone’s expectations for him on draft day, I was one of the few - maybe only one - defending the pick. Almost all Washington fans thought he wouldn’t work out in a 3-4. He’s surpassed everyone’s expectations of him.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

One of the more criminally underrated players (and careers) in the NFL. He has been on some terrible teams. Put him on any other team outside of the Jets, Bills and Browns, then he is a household name with many pro bowls and a possible ticket to Canton.

Doesn’t he have a lot of pro bowl selections? 2012, 2016, 2017 & 2018. I don’t know even if he played on the Patriots that he’d be considered a pro bowl player. It would help though if he had 3 or 4 Super Bowls in his resume.

Edited by turtle28

14 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

we could get a 4th for him

rather would play him if we can contend to win the east

The nah we should trade him was sarcasm lol. This guy deserves a SB hopefully maybe we can atleast get him a solid run and hope for the best. 

I’m a huge draft guy. But there are some things that draft picks just can’t replace. And I don’t think What you lose in that locker room especially with this front 7 higher picks even make getting rid of him a mistake. 

I love mid round picks and late rounders especially as much small school work I do trying to translate scheme fits and coaches I think fit their play styles. I know we could get value for Ryan. And honestly he’s not worth losing. If there’s one player who earned a spot here until the end of his road in my life it’s him and London Fletcher. The 49ers defense last year was amazing. But who was their Ryan Kerrigan? Youth is how you win but you have to have atleast 2 vets that the players can lean on that still produce on the field at a high level. 

Ryan for years looked like he did yesterday and would just get stepped up on or avoided because he was all we had. He has earned whatever sack Karma he can get the next two years or so because every great defender in that class got their run on a dominant unit. This is Ryan’s chance so personally there’s not a pick a sane GM could give up that I’d accept. Picks are gold. Seeing Ryan Kerrigan maybe be associated to something great for this team is priceless

Edited by ripsean21

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, I’m sure that’s it... dude, he broke the team sack record and he played all but one of his games since 2011 in a 3-4. People still don’t get it. He rushed the passer almost every play as a 3-4 OLB. He surely exceeded everyone’s expectations for him on draft day, I was one of the few - maybe only one - defending the pick. Almost all Washington fans thought he wouldn’t work out in a 3-4. He’s surpassed everyone’s expectations of him.

Expectations were very high but I do agree the only knock I had on the pick was we passed on Watt to trade down and they were switching to a 3-4 so I felt Watt was the better piece to build the 3-4 with since we had Ram. I know you need the guy on each side but our DL was weaker then I think what we could have had and that was at the time. Kerrigan was a stud at Perdue and the only logical knock about his on field was the switch from End to Backer. Say what you will about Trent but Kerrigan has been this teams best selection of that decade/era.