MVP Watch FINAL RANKINGS (Version 17.0)

BayRaider

50 minutes ago, JohnCena said:

Lmao I love how y'all Chiefs fan wanna continue to act like that loss was all down to Dee Ford lining up offside lmao. It's not like we possesed the ball for 43 minutes to only 20 and had 520 offensive yards to 290 of yours. But yeah we only won because Dee Ford lined up offsides. It's not like Tom Brady connected on 3 3rd and 10s in overtime to actually win the game. 

I mean, the game literally was over if Dee Ford took a step back. Sure, other things could have gone better, that's always the case, but they literally would've won the game if Ford wasn't offsides.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I mean, the game literally was over if Dee Ford took a step back. Sure, other things could have gone better, that's always the case, but they literally would've won the game if Ford wasn't offsides.

There was still a 4th down, even if we didn't pick up the full 10 yards we still had 3 timeouts the game was not over by any means. Did the Dee Ford offside penalty place the ball at the 1 yard line it's been a while I can't seem to remember but if I do remembers correctly it was only a 5 yard penalty and meant that the down was replayed. 

20 minutes ago, JohnCena said:

There was still a 4th down, even if we didn't pick up the full 10 yards we still had 3 timeouts the game was not over by any means. Did the Dee Ford offside penalty place the ball at the 1 yard line it's been a while I can't seem to remember but if I do remembers correctly it was only a 5 yard penalty and meant that the down was replayed. 

No, the play was made. There was an interception on the play that was wiped out.

They survived a grave mistake.

Edited by Zalixar
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, JohnCena said:

Dude, it was an interception. The offsides canceled out a turnover with 54 seconds left in the game. We would've had the ball. Even with the timeouts, worst case scenario, we would've gone 3 and out, and would've punted from like the 40, with like 30 seconds left, with a 4 point lead.

• Like 4

Rodgers was meh at home vs a bad team while Aaron Jones was game MVP.

• Andy Dalton probably wins that game fairly easy in his place.

Mahomes goes on the road to the Saints and does Mahomes things all day.

• The pitch TD was perfect
  • The throwaway pass that was actually a laser to the corner of the end zone was amazing.
  • He faced intense pressure all day and bought himself time when needed.

Mahomes wins week 15 by a landslide.

Their schedule comparison is now hilarious.

Chiefs Strength of Victory

• Bills 11-3
  • Saints 10-4
  • Bucs 9-5
  • Ravens 9-5
  • Dolphins 9-5
  • Raiders 7-7
  • Patriots 6-8
  • 2x Broncos 10-18
  • Chargers 5-9
  • Panthers 4-10
  • Texans 4-10
  • Jets 1-13
  • Total: 85-97 ( .467)  Excluding Chiefs Games 84-84 (.500)

Packers Strength of Victory

• Saints 10-4
  • Bears 7-7
  • Vikings 6-8
  • 2x Lions 10-18
  • 49ers 5-9
  • Eagles 4-9-1
  • Texans 4-10
  • Panthers 4-10
  • Falcons 4-10
  • Jags 1-13
  • Total 55-100-1 (.356) Excluding Packers Games  54-89-1 (.385)
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Archimedes said:

Finally someone in the national media echoed my feelings. Jim Nantz today suggested Co-MVPs for Rodgers and Mahomes.

The problem is, it doesn't work that way. They can't just decide that they're co-MVPs. It isn't like they all debate and then choose together. They cast their votes, and a tie only happens if there's a tie in the vote total at the end. Even if the vast majority agreed they should be co-MVPs, and voted as such, it would really only take one swing vote either way to make it not go that way. And there's honestly a long precedent of someone throwing a biased or silly or statement vote in their MVP ballot. Bobby Wagner got a vote one year. Dak Prescott got a vote his rookie year. Years where there was a seemingly clear consensus, like Cam's MVP year or 2013 Peyton or 2011 Rodgers, someone will throw a pity vote somewhere else. Like, don't be surprised if someone votes Wilson this year, even though the narrative has clearly moved on from that.

23 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

The problem is, it doesn't work that way. They can't just decide that they're co-MVPs. It isn't like they all debate and then choose together. They cast their votes, and a tie only happens if there's a tie in the vote total at the end. Even if the vast majority agreed they should be co-MVPs, and voted as such, it would really only take one swing vote either way to make it not go that way. And there's honestly a long precedent of someone throwing a biased or silly or statement vote in their MVP ballot. Bobby Wagner got a vote one year. Dak Prescott got a vote his rookie year. Years where there was a seemingly clear consensus, like Cam's MVP year or 2013 Peyton or 2011 Rodgers, someone will throw a pity vote somewhere else. Like, don't be surprised if someone votes Wilson this year, even though the narrative has clearly moved on from that.

It’s not a guarantee but it’s much easier for a tie to occur in the NFL, because it’s a one vote per vote system as opposed to a points based one, and their are only 50 voters. So one swing vote could surely ruin it yes.

If the narrative leading up to the vote starts to become greater that these guys are both deserving, I think it’s likelier that you’d see voters collaborate to make sure both guys got it as opposed throwing a sympathy vote to Wilson.

On 12/18/2020 at 9:41 AM, incognito_man said:

lol who would roast the team for not giving weapons to a guy who can win an MVP without them. Him winning MVP completely justifies not adding another (obviously unneeded) weapon to the offense. 

Is this really the narrative Packers fans are leaning into to excuse using their first two picks on non-contributing pieces? 

For the sake of this rationale I hope you guys win the Super Bowl because you’ll have a tough time justifying that logic if Allen Lazard and MVS fail to step up in a playoff loss.

As for the point of this thread, Mahomes is in the lead. 

• Like 1