MVP Watch FINAL RANKINGS (Version 17.0)

BayRaider

Can we get this guy out of my topic....? I’m all for debate and encourage it. Although saying Rodgers getting the award is purely due to people wanting to tarnish Mahomes legacy, over and over, is not a real argument or debate. It’s trolling. Pure 100% trolling, and you’re ruining the thread. 

NFL Gen Mods....? This guy has been trolling this section long enough. 

28 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Mahomes has to initiate every play in his backpedal because his offensive line is so bad. Then he's has to immediately juke to the left or right just to be able to see if anyone is even open downfield. Then he's getting hit every other time he throws the ball. This is literally every single snap for him. I watched the Packers vs Titans game last night and Rodgers pocket was so clean the entire game he could've gotten some other things done as well like sort out and pay his bills, fold some laundry, etc. And yet overall he's got 2 less wins than Mahomes who has faced tougher teams all season.

People wanting to give the trophy to Aaron Rodgers are simply looking to do preemptive damage control on Mahomes legacy. Thats all this is. You're staring down a pile of accomplishments that will far surpass anything your favorite teams all-time best player has even dreamed of doing and you know it so you just want to pretend it's about 1 or 2 interceptions and give Aaron Rodgers the trophy instead. Thats all this is.

Did you fly into a rage last year when the Chiefs won games with Matt Moore? Not that it is relevant to Rodgers' MVP trophy this year, I am just curious because it seems like you really want the Chiefs to be labelled a bad team with the caveat that Mahomes makes everyone on the team good?

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Kirill said:

The picks don't matter when you have Mahomes cause your team knows they're still going to score again and win so they keep playing hard. This is what it means by Most Valuable Player. It's the effect you have on your team as it contributes to winning football games. It was a close ish race but Mahomes won it with the better record. Incredible season getting us 15 wins with this offensive line and one of the toughest schedules in the league. Rodgers did well not throwing many picks but that's Mahomes award.

Mahomes lost the award with the last 4 weeks he’s had.

It’s Rodgers’ to lose

• Like 2

Rodgers is now the betting favorite for the first time this season. 

Rodgers -250

Mahomes +220

Should of switched 3 weeks ago though. The Vegas Odds always seem to be 3 weeks behind. 

Mahomes should of been the betting favorite over Wilson after Week 9, but it took until after Week 12 for Vegas Odds to reflect that. 

Rodgers should of been the betting favorite after Week 14, but it took until after Week 16 for Vegas Odds to reflect that. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

Mahomes has 2.89 secs time to throw

Rodgers has 2.72 secs time to throw

Mahomes has 4.6% drops

Rodgers has 6.5% drops

Mahomes has 15.5% bad throw

Rodgers has 12.6% bad throw

Mahomes has 71.9 on target throw

Rodgers has 77.1% on target throw

Mahomes has 2.4 pocket time with 19.9% pressure rate.

Rodgers has 2.3 pocket time with 13.5% pressure rate.

It's solidly Rodgers.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Mahomes has to initiate every play in his backpedal because his offensive line is so bad. Then he's has to immediately juke to the left or right just to be able to see if anyone is even open downfield. Then he's getting hit every other time he throws the ball. This is literally every single snap for him. I watched the Packers vs Titans game last night and Rodgers pocket was so clean the entire game he could've gotten some other things done as well like sort out and pay his bills, fold some laundry, etc. And yet overall he's got 2 less wins than Mahomes who has faced tougher teams all season.

People wanting to give the trophy to Aaron Rodgers are simply looking to do preemptive damage control on Mahomes legacy. Thats all this is. You're staring down a pile of accomplishments that will far surpass anything your favorite teams all-time best player has even dreamed of doing and you know it so you just want to pretend it's about 1 or 2 interceptions and give Aaron Rodgers the trophy instead. Thats all this is.

🤣 you're gonna make it hard for me to defend you making ridiculously stupid post like this. Either you are brilliant or deranged.

2 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Mahomes has 2.89 secs time to throw

Rodgers has 2.72 secs time to throw

Mahomes has 4.6% drops

Rodgers has 6.5% drops

Mahomes has 15.5% bad throw

Rodgers has 12.6% bad throw

Mahomes has 71.9 on target throw

Rodgers has 77.1% on target throw

Mahomes has 2.4 pocket time with 19.9% pressure rate.

Rodgers has 2.3 pocket time with 13.5% pressure rate.

It's solidly Rodgers.

Look, I don't know where you're getting these numbers from but WATCH THE GAMES. That will show you the correct answer. Or you could just look at who has the most wins. Either way, it's Mahomes MVP to lose. We'll see what happens in the final week.

29 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Look, I don't know where you're getting these numbers from but WATCH THE GAMES. That will show you the correct answer. Or you could just look at who has the most wins. Either way, it's Mahomes MVP to lose. We'll see what happens in the final week.

I mean I think Mahomes is a lot like early Rodgers. The O line is maybe not great but I see him bail out of decent pockets more then most successful QBs. That puts a lot of stress on the O line trying to hold blocks and makes them look alot worse then they actually play. 

Admittedly I have probably watched about 5 Chiefs games this year. 

35 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Most wins?? Then you must have been pretty upset at the massive injustice of Mahomes winning it a couple years ago over Goff or Brees, yeah? Yeah I bet you were. I bet you were livid.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Actually, I don't even have to go back 2 years. I bet if I go back 2 months in this very thread, I will see you straight up banging your fist on the table for undefeated-at-the-time Ben Roethlisberger, right?? No losses! That's infinitely better than Mahomes's pathetic one loss!

32 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

I mean I think Mahomes is a lot like early Rodgers. The O line is maybe not great but I see him bail out of decent pockets more then most successful QBs. That puts a lot of stress on the O line trying to hold blocks and makes them look alot worse then they actually play. 

Admittedly I have probably watched about 5 Chiefs games this year. 

There's a bit of a chicken or the egg element, to it. Mahomes absolutely does bail out of pockets he sometimes shouldn't, and sometimes takes drops further than his tackles are expecting. He also didn't really do this last year, and it began as the OL started to struggle more this year. So it's a bit of, the OL was much worse, so Mahomes started bailing out early, which sometimes makes the OL even worse, and sometimes covers for the OL being bad. He's not entirely absolved of blame, but it is definitely a struggle up front this year. It shows with the run game, as well. CEH and Bell are averaging less per carry than McCoy and Williams last year. I can pretty confidently say that isn't representative of the quality of the backs.