2020 Baker thread

Kiwibrown

I've really liked the way DPJ has progressed. You see the high point ability and footwork ability, he's just inconsistent. He's also a 21 year old rookie 7th Rounder who went from the #1 WR recruit in the nation to getting zero coaching and probably atrophying at UM. I'm very optimistic about his future. I still think you need a "top off burner"/homerun hitter somewhere as your #3 or #4, but I'm very optimistic about our WR corps going forward.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I've really liked the way DPJ has progressed. You see the high point ability and footwork ability, he's just inconsistent. He's also a 21 year old rookie 7th Rounder who went from the #1 WR recruit in the nation to getting zero coaching and probably atrophying at UM. I'm very optimistic about his future. I still think you need a "top off burner"/homerun hitter somewhere as your #3 or #4, but I'm very optimistic about our WR corps going forward.

Completely agree.

He, Higgins, Jarvis and Hodge look nice for next year.  Add a guy R4-5 who’s primary skill is deep speed and we’re good.

Move OBJ for a pick.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Completely agree.

He, Higgins, Jarvis and Hodge look nice for next year.  Add a guy R4-5 who’s primary skill is deep speed and we’re good.

Give me some 21 year old 4th round version of Ted Ginn tbh.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Move OBJ for a pick.

*Resists the urge to quote myself about trading him to free up cap space, using that pick on defense, and using that cap space for a future contract on a young premier talent that we have or a high priced free agent defensive impact player* :)

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Give me some 21 year old 4th round version of Ted Ginn tbh.

*Resists the urge to quote myself about trading him to free up cap space, using that pick on defense, and using that cap space for a future contract on a young premier talent that we have or a high priced free agent defensive impact player* :)

So you want a really fast player with no hands? Maybe we can go get Ricardo Louis again. 

46 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

He’s done a good job as a WR but he has no business returning punts. He’s too slow off the catch to do anything. 

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

So you want a really fast player with no hands? Maybe we can go get Ricardo Louis again. 

Ginn had 35 TD, over 400 catches, and almost 6,000 career receiving yards. He's not worth where he was drafted in the Top 10, but he's had a good career and is the exact type of WR I'd take in the 3rd/4th.  

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He’s done a good job as a WR but he has no business returning punts. He’s too slow off the catch to do anything. 

I'm not a fan of his returning punts, but I think they just want someone back there with sure hands *knocks on wood*

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, I’m sure someone was supposed to have contain. Doesn’t mean they did their job.

I’m just saying, we had a defender completely blow his assignment before Lamar ever left the pocket. I don’t think thst was on Woods or Lamar

I thought he looked good overall. 

Still some of the same problems, short ranged rocket balls. 

He played well under duress, moved in the pocket well. 

He missed some yac yards, the crosser to njoku. 

Got lucky on the 2 point conversion it was a bad ball, too fast and behind hunt.

Some passes were spectacular though, the one to dpj on the left sideline A+ throw.