MNF, Game 1: Steelers @ Giants

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Steelers
    • Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/14/2020 at 11:00 PM

10 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I know the Steelers have a nasty defense, but with this being Ben's first game back, no preseason, and a (IMO) questionable offense, I think this game could be closer than most are predicting. Still think the Steelers take it, but I think it will be a fairly close game.

And why is our offense questionable?

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

And why is our offense questionable?

Honestly, I'm just going back to what I saw last year in the games I watched (specific to the Steelers) and what I saw in some games yesterday (in general). Granted, last year was under less than stellar QB play, but I question how long it will take for this offense to get going if Ben looks at all rusty/his age. I understand you guys added McFarland, Claypool & Ebron, and obviously there are some weapons already there w/ JuJu, Johnson, James & McDonald. However, as we've seen with quite a few other talented teams this weekend, getting all the talented pieces to mesh without a standard offseason, it can take some time.

2 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Honestly, I'm just going back to what I saw last year in the games I watched (specific to the Steelers) and what I saw in some games yesterday (in general). Granted, last year was under less than stellar QB play, but I question how long it will take for this offense to get going if Ben looks at all rusty/his age. I understand you guys added McFarland, Claypool & Ebron, and obviously there are some weapons already there w/ JuJu, Johnson, James & McDonald. However, as we've seen with quite a few other talented teams this weekend, getting all the talented pieces to mesh without a standard offseason, it can take some time.

Meh, for the most part there's previous chemistry there.  And it's not like Ben coming back is a 2nd/3rd year QB coming back, its a grizzled vet who knows what he's in for.  FWIW McFarland didn't get a hat, Samuels got it so there's some more continuity there.  I think the only questionable thing is what is Ben like.