GDT: Jaguars (1-0) at Titans (1-0)

Titans fan 617

14 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

He’ll be fine remember he always starts slow beginning of the season if you want something positive to look at, but you right at times he’s too damn patient & not hitting the hole when it’s there

That's what I was thinking also. He has started slow every season. Without looking it up, I imagine he's off to his best start statistically.

3 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Adoree makes a huge difference when he is on the field for us. When are they saying he will be back?

earliest would be week 4, but it could be longer. no idea what the injury even is though, one of the more annoying consequences of vrabel being so tight lipped about injuries

The good thing is this is not when you want to be peaking. While we are not playing awful there is definitely room for improvement. If we can get healthy and say this is the worst version of the Titans of the year, than damn this will be a good season. Normally we lose these silly games in the beginning of the year. Hopefully we can get healthy and peak at the end of the year. Plus Henry is the type of player who he gets less and less fun for teams to tackle towards the end of the season I ain't worried about him. I like that we are slinging it and starting to get some chemistry going in the passing game. If we want to elevate our team in the playoffs Tannehill is gonna have to show us more in the playoffs, so this is good for him.

I’m more irritated by today’s game than I was Monday’s game

Even though I am a little ticked off at-least they keeping finding ways to win while not playing particularly well on defense 

The only reason I’m not fully concerned overall is 1) it is still early 2) we are very thin at CB and OLB 

Adoree would help out a ton

Beasley and Roberson would help a lot as well 

Good thing the schedule was a little soft early with all these injuries because we are still fighting threw the early struggles of not having a preseason 

At the end of the day the team is 2-0

Tannehill looked awesome, wait till AJ Brown gets healthy this offense is going to start rolling especially when Henry gets going too

I kept saying the Jags are a bad football team but I gotta tip my cap to Minshew that kid is good and never gave up

7 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

On the other note what I feel is, if Batson & Davis continue to produce the titans may resign Davis & cut ties with humphries & let Batson hold down the slot. Humphries 1st 2yrs of his deal was guaranteed 

that's an interesting thought. but even though he doesn't see a ton of targets hump is still a really effective 3rd down machine- not sure batson could replace that.

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

that's an interesting thought. but even though he doesn't see a ton of targets hump is still a really effective 3rd down machine- not sure batson could replace that.

Facts but this how I see it, we’re paying hump a slot on WR 9+mill. Davis can play any WR position & we need depth behind AJ. I think Batson can replace hump before we find a WR that can replace Davis 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

Facts but this how I see it, we’re paying hump a slot on WR 9+mill. Davis can play any WR position & we need depth behind AJ. I think Batson can replace hump before we find a WR that can replace Davis 

Hump keeps coming up with tight catches in traffic, though. He's really good at what he does. Going to be hard to replace.

In any case, I think Batson may be a stronger weapon than Raymond. Both guys are super quick but Batson seems to be on a different level

4 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Yeah, pretty ugly. Vaccaro played a good game I thought, but beyond him...yikes.

vaccaro was good and clowney and landry both had flashes/were a mixed bag and that's about the best i can say about anyone on the defense. even a guy like jayon who is as consistent as they come had a day to forget.

3 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Hump keeps coming up with tight catches in traffic, though. He's really good at what he does. Going to be hard to replace.

In any case, I think Batson may be a stronger weapon than Raymond. Both guys are super quick but Batson seems to be on a different level

there's no doubt that batson is better with the ball in his hands. what i want to see is whether he can get open deep and track the deep ball, because that's where raymond shines. if he can be similarly effective there, he's got to take raymond's spot.