GDT: Jaguars (1-0) at Titans (1-0)

Titans fan 617

Two ugly wins.  Trying to be optimistic, it looks like the Jags have found their QB in Minshew if he keeps playing like this, and they may not be a terrible team this year.

Our run defense was awful.  The depth of our CBs is not looking good either, although that will be fixed when Adoree is back and when Fulton develops a little more.

The interior DL being a weakness shouldn't be a big surprise.  We were thin there before we got Simmons, so we're thin again now without Casey.  Hopefully Mack or Murchison comes along later in the season to get some help there.

Derrick Henry looked mortal again this game.  Which brings back my worries about him regressing from last season.

We've got a lot of guys on the bench that would really, really help our weak spots right now.

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Two ugly wins.  Trying to be optimistic, it looks like the Jags have found their QB in Minshew if he keeps playing like this, and they may not be a terrible team this year.

Our run defense was awful.  The depth of our CBs is not looking good either, although that will be fixed when Adoree is back and when Fulton develops a little more.

The interior DL being a weakness shouldn't be a big surprise.  We were thin there before we got Simmons, so we're thin again now without Casey.  Hopefully Mack or Murchison comes along later in the season to get some help there.

Derrick Henry looked mortal again this game.  Which brings back my worries about him regressing from last season.

We've got a lot of guys on the bench that would really, really help our weak spots right now.

Daniel relax about Henry my guy just relax if it helps, statistically he’s off to the best start of his career. Henry is a slow starter early on. I agree he’s not running hard at times when the hole is there & is too patient at times but he’ll get better. As for everything else you said before that 🗣PANIC & Pray 😩🤣

4 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Daniel relax about Henry my guy just relax if it helps, statistically he’s off to the best start of his career. Henry is a slow starter early on. I agree he’s not running hard at times when the hole is there & is too patient at times but he’ll get better. As for everything else you said before that 🗣PANIC & Pray 😩🤣

I'm not saying he's gonna fall apart, but we definitely need to be prepared to win games without him carrying the offense.

3 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Can we talk about how through two games, Tannehill has shown that last year wasn’t a fluke.

Yes please.  He's looked fantastic so far.  I'm not regretting any of the money the Titans shelled out this offseason.

I was a happily surprised that Tannihil has played in some ways better this year considering.   I am not worried about Henry this game is a clear indication you want to stop Henry then work on getting penetration and stay in you lanes. Henry is unstoppable if he is reaching the LOS without having to worry about dodging defenders today like last week he was dealing with a ton of penetration while Jags filled the gaps.    I also was thrilled that CD showed last week no fluke. And Baston was a beast.  

our D though has some issues I need to watcc the whole game to see how our LB played and Simmons.  Getting Adoree back will help a lot.  

12 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

We can barely make an extra point and Butker out there banging 53, 58, 58 in row for the game-winning kick.

yeah but after last year (and, uh, last week) i'm not turning my nose up at gostkowski nailing 51 and 49, missed extra point be damned

• Like 1

Missed XPs are just part of football at this point. Even Lambo missed one today, and he's long been one of the best kickers in football.

It's concerning from a "well crap that's 5 missed kicks for him in 2 weeks", I get that, but in a game where he hit two long FGs and nailed all the other XPs without issue, I won't worry too much about it.

32 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Missed XPs are just part of football at this point. Even Lambo missed one today, and he's long been one of the best kickers in football.

It's concerning from a "well crap that's 5 missed kicks for him in 2 weeks", I get that, but in a game where he hit two long FGs and nailed all the other XPs without issue, I won't worry too much about it.

As far as I'm concerned, Gost can miss kicks every week as long as he kicks the game winner in every game he misses them.😆