What movie are you watching?

Forge

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

I wasn't that impressed and I was really looking foward to this. It was the same with the Robert the Bruce movie. 

I loved it.  Great performances and it looked stunning visually.   It’s as good as Braveheart to me and that’s always been my bar for the genre.  I was ready to suit up and fight for Henry after that speech he gave.   LoL.  I hadn’t seen him in much except for Interstellar but I totally get it now. The kid is a flat out movie star.

I’m watching The Color Out of Space.  Other than Mountains of Madness and that one I can’t think of the name of (the one where he looks out the window at the old building and then just writes gibberish at the end), it’s my favorite Lovecraft story.  

Color Out of Space was a 12 million dollar Lovecraftian horror movie directed by Richard Stanley and starring Nicolas Cage and that says everything you need to know about it.  Some pretty cool practical effects and enough talent and competence to be tolerable.  Didn’t like it, didn’t dislike it.  

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 7:10 PM, Calvert28 said:

I wasn't that impressed and I was really looking foward to this. It was the same with the Robert the Bruce movie. 

The acting, set design, costume design, and battle scene were fantastic, the script needed someone to give it a good work over though.

First of all, why in the **** isn't True Lies available on blu ray?

Second, if anyone was in the mood for a creature feature that feels a little bit more realistic, the two creature features that, in my opinion, were genuinely frightening were Backcountry and Black Water. 

I'm going through all my favorite movies that I don't own yet and those two really stand out.  Black Water was ****ing intense. 

Does anybody know if they make a region free blu Ray player?  Is that a thing?  Because I don’t think A Very Long Engagement or Brotherhood of the Wolf will ever have American region blu ray releases.  Probably not a lot of others I’d like to own either.  I know it took forever for The Innocents to release one and that’s not even foreign.  

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 5:26 AM, THE DUKE said:

The acting, set design, costume design, and battle scene were fantastic, the script needed someone to give it a good work over though.

Eh, the 1989 Branagh version did a much better job of showing the actual sequence of events of Agincourt. "The King" kinda bungled the whole thing showing nothing that made Agincourt so interesting. Disappointing since the entire movie builds to that point. 

Watching Outbreak on Netflix to celebrate the coronavirus. It has some of the worst dialogue I’ve ever seen in a movie 

“Oh wait, one last thing before you go. I forgot what I was going to say. Oh wait, make sure the dog gets medium sized dog bones. They’re his favorite”

“Cmon Casey. You have to appreciate the simplicity of it. It’s one billionth our size and it’s killing us.”