What movie are you watching?

Forge

56 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I bought Parasite and The Lighthouse on a whim today.  Typically I don't like the arthouse type movies much anymore, but I felt like both of them there's a chance I'll enjoy it. 

Let me know what you think about this. I hear nothing but rave stuff about it.

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 5:17 PM, Outpost31 said:

I bought Parasite and The Lighthouse on a whim today.  Typically I don't like the arthouse type movies much anymore, but I felt like both of them there's a chance I'll enjoy it. 

Parasite aint an arthouse film. It is not independent and Its a fairly high budget international movie with mass appeal. 

Lighthouse is great as long as you take it for what it is instead of what it is not. William Dafoe should have gotten a best acting nom.

WHY"D YA SPILL YER BEANS? HARK YE HARK! YE LIKE ME LOBSTER!?

Really don't understand the hype of the original Blade Runner. I watched both the final cut and BR: 2049 on Wednesday night and BR: 2049 was the far superior picture. It was just so much more well put together and actually had a story line that I could follow that didn't make me go "wut." 

Someone make me understand why BR was such an iconic film? It was poorly acted, poorly written and really choppy. I don't get it.

49 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Really don't understand the hype of the original Blade Runner. I watched both the final cut and BR: 2049 on Wednesday night and BR: 2049 was the far superior picture. It was just so much more well put together and actually had a story line that I could follow that didn't make me go "wut." 

Someone make me understand why BR was such an iconic film? It was poorly acted, poorly written and really choppy. I don't get it.

Blade Runner is purely a technical achievement and nobody really likes it.  It was just so well-made that everyone who says they liked it is just convincing themselves that they liked it when they didn’t actually like it.  I’ve tried to enjoy it three times.  Convinced myself once I liked it.  Questioned myself the second time.  The third time I was honest with myself.

As far as entertainment, it is absolute crap.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Blade Runner is purely a technical achievement and nobody really likes it.  It was just so well-made that everyone who says they liked it is just convincing themselves that they liked it when they didn’t actually like it.  I’ve tried to enjoy it three times.  Convinced myself once I liked it.  Questioned myself the second time.  The third time I was honest with myself.

Thanks. I thought I was missing something lol. I get it from an era standpoint in film-making but, good lord, is it just totally bland and not very good. Totally different from how I felt about 2049. I really enjoyed 2049.

47 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Didn’t like blade runner but “tears in rain” might be the greatest monologue ever.

tenor.gif?itemid=15599944

Sonic turned out to be a fun movie and my kids loved it.   Ben Schwartz was hilarious as Sonic (he's so good in the brilliant DuckTales TV show on Disney+).  Jim Carey channeled some of his 90's zany performances for Robotnik.  The Quicksilver/X-Men ripoff/homage scenes were funny and well done.  They used the rings in a better manner than the game or cartoons ever did.  

Of course there were tons of story problems for adults to pick apart put pretty remarkable that Paramount salvaged what looked to be a disaster of John Carter proportions.

Edited by thrILL!
  • Like 1