What movie are you watching?

Forge

Dr. Sleep was a huge disappointment. I wanted a sequel to The Shining and I got something that had the atmospheric feel of a Twilight movie written for a slightly older audience. 

I assume the source material from King didnt give the director much to work with. But man, what a letdown. I was so excited. 

Went and saw The Gentlemen

Pretty entertaining, and I really liked how the story unfolded, but I wouldn't put it up there with Guy Ritchie's best work.  The writing just wasn't as good as Sn****, Lock Stock, or Rock'n'Rolla.  I would slot this his next tier along with Sherlock Holmes and The Man from UNCLE (underrated).  Acting was superb all around, with Charlie Hunnam and Hugh Grant really shining, but I also liked what McConaghy, Dockery, and Farrell brought to the table as well.  I would have liked to have seen Farrell's role been a little bigger.  I think the rewatch value of this is going to be pretty high, even when you know the twists and turns (which weren't the stongest part of the movie but still solid).  As always the musical selection was top notch, but visually i'd say this was one of Ritchie's poorer efforts.  

B+

Edited by THE DUKE

Watched Anaconda for probably the first time in a decade.  Does NOT hold up.  Lol. I used to love this movie.  Now it’s laughably bad.  Glad they’re remaking it.  

Watching Breakdown now.  Way way way underrated Kurt Russell movie.  It’s not even available on blu Ray, which is some BS.

On 2/5/2020 at 7:51 PM, Tyty said:

The only movie Johnny Depp and Leonardo DiCaprio are in together is What’s Eating Gilbert Grape so what are the chances Johnny Depp still thinks Leonardo DiCaprio is retarded to this day

they have went in opposite directions since then

JoJo Rabbit

11/10

I'm utterly amazed at how much I enjoyed this. It's about an event I'm pretty sensitive about so I was hesitant to see it due to the movie taking a light-hearted approach to it but it's a great movie. Humor, suspense, drama, excellent acting, great all around. One of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

Image result for vick 2020 documentary

Just finished the 2 part "Vick: 30 for 30" ... Great series. Loved reliving the Vick experience in Atlanta all over again. Found myself angered & appalled by his actions & the attitudes of his defenders regarding the crimes that resulted in his prison term. Ultimately, I was happy he found redemption - first as a human being, & second in the NFL. Great tale of a guy owning up to his actions, facing the consequences, & becoming a better person for it. He really has done & continues to do wonderful things post prison. Hard not to admire the guy.   

I just watched 28 Days Later for the first time in years, it's still as great as I remember. The zombie carnage/gore is dialed back to delve into the characters while still offering it when needed. Everything from the characters, story, pacing, suspense, is top notch. Easily one of, if not my top favorite zombie movie of all time. 

Edited by KManX89