What movie are you watching?

Forge

15 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

I just watched 28 Days Later for the first time in years, it's still as great as I remember. The zombie carnage/gore is dialed back to delve into the characters while still offering it when needed. Everything from the characters, story, pacing, suspense, is top notch. Easily one of, if not my top favorite zombie movie of all time.

They’re not zombies though.  

Man, am I the only one who just didn’t get it with Once Upon A Time in Hollywood?

That movie was damn near 3 hours of pointless, aimless pretentious drivel.  

Holy effing cow was it pointless.  I felt like the entire Cliff and Rick plot was just thrown together and meaningless just to give Tarantino an excuse to show that Tarantino likes crappy 50’s - 70’s film and television,  

Talk about a monumental waste of time.

Like I think I ****ing hate this movie.  

If his next movie is like this I hope it really is his last because this movie was stupid.  Am I the only one who thinks this was a massive waste of time?  

WTF Tarantino?

Edited by Outpost31

3 hours ago, KManX89 said:

They look and act like zombies and the movie's official synopsis lists them as zombies, so I still consider it a zombie flick.

And it is one of the best! Was wondering if they were going to do 28 Months Later like they're supposedly working on. Even 28 Weeks Later was a solid flick

3 hours ago, KManX89 said:

They look and act like zombies and the movie's official synopsis lists them as zombies, so I still consider it a zombie flick.

Yeah I know I’m just being a plot Nazi.  They’re not zombies, but it’s definitely a zombie movie.

10 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

it was a fun film outpost. best movie he did during the 10's. 

No.  His best movie during the 10’s was holy ****, Inglourious Basterds was made in 2009.  Best probably I could consent to, but definitely not most enjoyable.  I hated it.  It was a pointless excursion into futility.  It was basically like rewriting the Titanic and having two pointless people somehow change history.  I’m not going to sit here and be one of those people who say it’s sucks because clearly Tarantino is one of the best at it and he clearly has a supreme love and admiration for film and film history, and I love him dearly for that, but the entire thing seemed like drivel.

Definitely better than The Hateful Eight and I’m still mad at him for ruining his own movie with his stupid kiddie narration that ruined an otherwise epic moment and homage to The Thing, but damn.

I really did not enjoy OUATIH.  I might never watch it again.  The only entertaining sequence was the final bit.  

1 hour ago, Fresh Prince said:

I’m not a big fan of QT, his movies are overrated. 

Inglourious Basterds is by far his best movie.  Kill Bill I don’t like.  Death Proof I don’t like.  The Hateful Eight was THIS close to perfection for me, but the hiccup ruined it for me almost completely.  Django Unchained I really like.  Reservoir Dogs is a classic.  Jackie Brown I like.  Once Upon I disliked, but it was still a good movie.  

He’s not overrated by any means.  A lot of his stuff is mostly pastiche, so that critique on him is very fair, but the dude knows his craft and is one of the better dialogue writers out there.