What movie are you watching?

Forge

I watched 1917 and I thought it was really good. It seemed like it was missing a little something extra that would have really put it over the top. The long shots were all awesome, and I thought the actors were great, but then there was scenes like the guy cutting his hand and then less than 2 minutes later, was wrist deep in a rat infested corpse, and nothing came of it in the end. Also a certain famous actor just appearing out of nowhere at the end kind of took me out of it

22 minutes ago, tab said:

I watched 1917 and I thought it was really good. It seemed like it was missing a little something extra that would have really put it over the top. The long shots were all awesome, and I thought the actors were great, but then there was scenes like the guy cutting his hand and then less than 2 minutes later, was wrist deep in a rat infested corpse, and nothing came of it in the end. Also a certain famous actor just appearing out of nowhere at the end kind of took me out of it

What do you expect to happen in the span of hours in regards to a possible infection? I thought about it too but then I realized that this all happened over like a 12 hour period. It very well could've gotten infected but it wasn't integral to the story nor would he have shown the effects in that short amount of time.

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

What do you expect to happen in the span of hours in regards to a possible infection? I thought about it too but then I realized that this all happened over like a 12 hour period. It very well could've gotten infected but it wasn't integral to the story nor would he have shown the effects in that short amount of time.

It made the scene come off comical, like "whoops i slipped and went elbow deep in a corpse". I just dont know what was the point of it. It kind of made the two guys come off as a bit bumbling

Edited by tab

2 minutes ago, tab said:

It made the scene come off comical, like "whoops i slipped and went elbow deep in a corpse". I just dont know what was the point of it. It kind of made the two guys come off as a bit bumbling

I'm just saying, your issue with it was that nothing came of it in regards to a possible infection. I explained why. I don't think it made them look bumbling at all. They were typical soldiers IMO. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I'm just saying, your issue with it was that nothing came of it in regards to a possible infection. I explained why. I don't think it made them look bumbling at all. They were typical soldiers IMO. 

my point is the scene was purposely put into the film, for what reason? It was borderline slapstick

Edited by tab
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tab said:

I was hoping it would be Bruce Campbell, but then I remembered that Sam Mendez directed it and not Sam Raimi

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 12:05 PM, Malfatron said:

i guess its not for rent yet.

I watched Once upon a time in hollywood

It was a nice movie, with some good moments.

I wouldnt really want to rewatch it again, but im glad i did.

Might be my least favorite QT movie.

6/10 for me

Knives Out should be available to rent streaming tomorrow from what I've read, I've been waiting for that one as well.

• Like 1

Movies I watched on my plane rides recently.

Zombieland 2, liked it but felt like it kind of overused the gags from the first. Still a pretty good sequel I think.

Jojo Rabbit, thought it started really strong but didn't quite maintain through the end. Still enjoyed it. Sam Rockwell was great as always. 

Joker, it was good but my expectations for it may have been a bit too high based on what I had heard about it so I'm inclined to call it overrated

Once Upon A Time in Hollywood, I knew very little about what it was about except that it somehow involved the Manson family. Thought it was pretty entertaining but QT was even more full of himself than usual with it

I started but wasn't able to finish The Dead Don't Die. Probably won't get around to it either, just wasn't into it.

Edited by skywindO2

Portrait of a Lady on Fire finally got a full release (its been out for over a year now) and I was very good. It is definitely NOT going to be everyone's cup of tea (French, will they, wont they film). Its slow, methodical and built mostly on the characters interactions. Cinematography is absolutely stunning, and if you buy into the characters and their relationship, a very strong emotional film. The last 15-20 minutes are absolutely brilliant, and hits all the feels. The final shot is definitely going to be referenced moving forward in the cinema cannon.

POALOF was my last 2019 hold out. Can finally list my favorites :

Parasite

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Jo Jo Rabbit

The Farewell

Little Women

Knifes Out

Marriage Story

Portrait of a Lady On Fire 

The Lighthouse

Rocketman

Dolemite is My Name

They Shall Not Grow Old

The King

The Two Popes

There are a few Id still like to see; Manos, The Last Black Man in San Francisco, Waves, Honeyland, I Lost My Body, and Pain and Glory.