What movie are you watching?

Forge

Watched Source Code this morning. 8.9/10. I guess I’m going pretty heavy on the “same day in repeat” schtick lately but this was the best of them. Gyllenhaal is a likable guy and it was a good fresh spin on time loops, action, and time travel. I think I remember it being received pretty mildly, but I think it’s because they gave it the most bland title possible. I’d love to see a Source Code 2. 

Watched The Nice Guys tonight. 9.3/10. The Abbott and Costello nods were great to me. Overall I thought it was excellent and totally should’ve become it’s own little franchise. Gosling and Crowe both killed it. It felt like there wasn’t any wasted screen time, every action showed had a reason and led into the next point of the plot. I’d love to see a Nice Guys 2 and stuff. 

On 8/8/2022 at 1:29 PM, Fresh Prince said:
On 8/8/2022 at 11:52 AM, Outpost31 said:

It was a female predator. That’s my head canon. The technology aspect I don’t care about, but its look can’t be explained well by three hundred years in my opinion. That, or it was a different race of Predator.

Based of the directors quotes it’s a male predator.

I just went through the whole movie to snap a pic of the credits. Idk if this helps:

YTe151M.jpg

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Watched Source Code this morning. 8.9/10. I guess I’m going pretty heavy on the “same day in repeat” schtick lately but this was the best of them.

Not sure which ones you’ve watched lately but Groundhog Day is still the best by far.  It’s a flat out masterpiece.  Edge of Tmorrow and Palm Springs are better than Source Code too. 

The Wave with Justin Long is pretty wild. I watched that again the other night. 

Edited by thrILL!
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Watched Source Code this morning. 8.9/10. I guess I’m going pretty heavy on the “same day in repeat” schtick lately but this was the best of them. Gyllenhaal is a likable guy and it was a good fresh spin on time loops, action, and time travel. I think I remember it being received pretty mildly, but I think it’s because they gave it the most bland title possible. I’d love to see a Source Code 2. 

Watched The Nice Guys tonight. 9.3/10. The Abbott and Costello nods were great to me. Overall I thought it was excellent and totally should’ve become it’s own little franchise. Gosling and Crowe both killed it. It felt like there wasn’t any wasted screen time, every action showed had a reason and led into the next point of the plot. I’d love to see a Nice Guys 2 and stuff. 

Absolutely hated the ending of source code. Liked it before. 

I love Nice Guys. I think that movie kind of flopped, which is crazy to me. 

• Like 1

I love Source Code.  It hit for me, and I actually liked that the ending throws a couple curveballs at you.  Some expected, others not so much.

I didn't really care for The Nice Guys, which seems odd to me as i'm a massive Crowe fan and think Gosling is a great talent.  I don't regret watching it or anything, but I won't be shocked if I never watch it again either.

8 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Not sure which ones you’ve watched lately but Groundhog Day is still the best by far.  It’s a flat out masterpiece.  Edge of Tmorrow and Palm Springs are better than Source Code too. 

The Wave with Justin Long is pretty wild. I watched that again the other night. 

Groundhog Day is absolutely the best and it’s not close, agreed. 

• Like 5

23 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

I have to say I enjoyed it. Initial impression was higher but after stewing for a few days I think it was a solid movie, 7/10 and one I could see myself rewatching in the future, but not iconic. Liked some elements and scenes, especially seeing the red lasers and expecting the cannon... and then getting the metal rods instead was very nice. But at the same time felt like the protagonist had some serious plot armor on at times. Would have loved to see more Comanche hunting party fighting the Predator.

I thought this was missing as well. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Groundhog Day is absolutely the best and it’s not close, agreed. 

It won’t be fair to place it for me cause I haven’t seen it in a very long time. But all I think of when I think of it is annoying Ned Briarson, and that actor annoys me in everything 

10 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Edge of Tomorrow is better than Groundhog Day.

I love Edge of Tomorrow. It's a fantastic movie, and I've seen it or parts of it a bunch of times. It's not a better movie than Groundhog Day. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I love Edge of Tomorrow. It's a fantastic movie, and I've seen it or parts of it a bunch of times. It's not a better movie than Groundhog Day. 

It sure is. You’d give the edge to Groundhog Day if you’re basing it off a one time watch. No question, hands down. But you can watch Groundhog Day twice a decade. You can watch Edge of Tomorrow once a year.

11 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

It sure is. You’d give the edge to Groundhog Day if you’re basing it off a one time watch. No question, hands down. But you can watch Groundhog Day twice a decade. You can watch Edge of Tomorrow once a year.

Okay, I do think this point has merit, but it is not going to change my opinion.