What movie are you watching?

Forge

On 7/13/2023 at 11:58 AM, Sad People said:

Watched Mission Impossible Rogue Nation and Fallout over the week and they werent bad. I definitely liked Rogue Nation over Fallout.

Id probably rank them in order from my favorite to least favorite, 1,3,Rogue Nation,Fallout,2. With 3 and Rogue Nation being rankly pretty close together. Still havent seen Ghost Protocol.

Thats pretty close to my ranking...maybe exact.

Every time I watch 2, I end up laughing at how over the top corny it is.   I actually dont even mind it.   Its still entertaining, but 2 almost felt like a parody of Mission Impossible with all of its John Wooeyness.

2 hours ago, 43M said:

Thats pretty close to my ranking...maybe exact.

Every time I watch 2, I end up laughing at how over the top corny it is.   I actually dont even mind it.   Its still entertaining, but 2 almost felt like a parody of Mission Impossible with all of its John Wooeyness.

Over the top is a good way at describing 2. Way too many flips in air and shooting someone while they’re upside down or jumping to side and making a shot when they’re in mid air. 

1 hour ago, Sad People said:

Over the top is a good way at describing 2. Way too many flips in air and shooting someone while they’re upside down or jumping to side and making a shot when they’re in mid air. 

This part right here always sums up how silly MI2 is....

13 minutes ago, 43M said:

This part right here always sums up how silly MI2 is....

MI-2 always struck me as more of a James Bond 007 movie as opposed to an MI type vibe. No real plot intricacies but high action one man save the day explosions.

48 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

MI-2 always struck me as more of a James Bond 007 movie as opposed to an MI type vibe. No real plot intricacies but high action one man save the day explosions.

Its why i liked 1 so much is because it reminded me of an actual spy movie.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, General Tso said:

Anyone watched Past Lives? Would be down for a discussion.

One of the best movies I’ve ever seen. I was stunned. A girl I’m friends with kinda dragged me to it and then I was tearing up for like an hour lol. There was one other person in the theater and then we talked with him for a while before we left 

18 hours ago, General Tso said:

Anyone watched Past Lives? Would be down for a discussion.

My goal was to watch it this morning at an 11am show, but I missed it and its the only one for today. May try again tomorrow

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Perhaps, but I dont remember many Bond moments THAT silly.   Maybe some Roger Moore era stuff or Pierce Brosnan surfing a tsunami.  xD

3 hours ago, 43M said:

Perhaps, but I dont remember many Bond moments THAT silly.   Maybe some Roger Moore era stuff or Pierce Brosnan surfing a tsunami.  xD

Downhill skiing scenes, go back and watch those shootouts and pursuit/chases 😂 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

One of the best movies I’ve ever seen. I was stunned. A girl I’m friends with kinda dragged me to it and then I was tearing up for like an hour lol. There was one other person in the theater and then we talked with him for a while before we left 

I was with some friends and they didn't like it because they thought it was slow.

I really enjoyed it, but I saw the ending coming mostly because there's an anime that followed a similar premise.