What movie are you watching?

Forge

3 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Pride_and_Glory-294551202-large.jpg

One of the best gritty crime-thrillers.  Awesome cast. Currently on Max. 

Watched this like a week ago. Really good movie, but totally forgotten. I saw it in the theater when it came out and had forgotten about it's existence until I saw it on Max

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Forge said:

Watched this like a week ago. Really good movie, but totally forgotten. I saw it in the theater when it came out and had forgotten about it's existence until I saw it on Max

Needed a new movie to watch, and I think this might be it

On 4/16/2024 at 8:21 PM, Forge said:

Movie wasn’t bad, but the bar fight scene was really well done 

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

I watched Aliens and it was pretty good, but I still prefer Aliens 3

I have the trilogy ranked the same way they fall chronologically, but Alien 3 is really good. I don’t understand the hate is gets. Fincher himself disowned it. Maybe the version I’ve watched is the improved version, but I don’t know.

Edited by JohnChimpo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, JohnChimpo said:

I have the trilogy ranked the same way they fall chronologically, but Alien 3 is really good. I don’t understand the hate is gets. Fincher himself disowned it. Maybe the version I’ve watched is the improved version, but I don’t know.

I just love Alien 3's tone quite a bit. Lots of despair and true survival horror

Plus, Aliens isnt scary at all

Edited by Malfatron

Serendipity (2001)

Really quite a good film, have never seen it before but pretty damn solid Romantic comedy that is for sure.  Helped greatly by Kate Beckinsale one of the most beautiful women on the planet!

This is Kate at 50 years old in 2024!  Gorgeous and ageless!

Kate-Beckinsale-Wears-Crazy-High-Platfor

6 hours ago, JohnChimpo said:

I love Alien 3, outstanding story and the other actors in it are really solid, Charles Dutton (as Leonard Dillon) is amazing, Charles Dance (as Dr Jonathan Clemens) and Brian Glover (as Harold Andrews) is great.  Really cool move, who hates on it because it is freaking sweet!

Alien: Resurrection is not awful either but that basketball scene is cheesy as some of the Marines were, and sucks Wincott did not have a larger role.  Still Alien 3 has very few limitations outside of some pretty awful animation at times of the Alien, outside of that it was rock solid.  

The Last Voyage of the Demeter was ok but it could have been better.  Based on a chapter of Bram Stokers Dracula, this is basically Alien on a cargo ship.  The crew works during the day, but at night, Dracula takes them out one by one.  Unfortunately, the movie has a rinse, lather repeat feel to it(day scenes feel similar until they start investigating the crew being killed off, and the night scenes where the crew is killed off one by one)  If you've read Bram Stokers Dracula, you have a good idea how this will turn out.  6/10

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I love Alien 3, outstanding story and the other actors in it are really solid, Charles Dutton (as Leonard Dillon) is amazing, Charles Dance (as Dr Jonathan Clemens) and Brian Glover (as Harold Andrews) is great.  Really cool move, who hates on it because it is freaking sweet!

Alien: Resurrection is not awful either but that basketball scene is cheesy as some of the Marines were, and sucks Wincott did not have a larger role.  Still Alien 3 has very few limitations outside of some pretty awful animation at times of the Alien, outside of that it was rock solid.  

Siskel, Ebert, and most notably, David Fincher. 

Fincher disowned the film. He told The Guardian in 2009, "No one hated it more than me; to this day, no one hates it more than me."[53] He also blamed the producers for not putting trust in him.[62][45][63]

I like Resurrection too by the way.

8 hours ago, JohnChimpo said:

Siskel, Ebert, and most notably, David Fincher. 

Fincher disowned the film. He told The Guardian in 2009, "No one hated it more than me; to this day, no one hates it more than me."[53] He also blamed the producers for not putting trust in him.[62][45][63]

I like Resurrection too by the way.

Wow the very director hated it that much?  Again only reason I could see is the awful animation on the moving Aliens in a few scenes especially near the end.  The rest was rock solid, but sure compared to his best movies it is on par with those.

Could say though it was the first real movie he ever made the rest were all music videos, so in that regard it should be considered special in his career and impressive for the first one and it was a big name movie coming from that franchise following Alien and Aliens.