What movie are you watching?

Forge

21 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

always wondered why Teddy was so upset the dude won his money and he was able to get paid lol. 

He wasn't upset about the money, he was upset that he was fooled by someone he had previously played for the fool. Damon was better than him, that's what upset him. He thought himself superior and realized he wasn't.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

He wasn't upset about the money, he was upset that he was fooled by someone he had previously played for the fool. Damon was better than him, that's what upset him. He thought himself superior and realized he wasn't.

Sorry not Teddy, the other dude who took on Worms debt. Can’t remember his name. The whole movie he talked about “I want my money” then when Damon’s characters finally wins the money to pay him, he would rather him lose so he can’t hurt him and not get his money lol.

29 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Sorry not Teddy, the other dude who took on Worms debt. Can’t remember his name. The whole movie he talked about “I want my money” then when Damon’s characters finally wins the money to pay him, he would rather him lose so he can’t hurt him and not get his money lol.

Ah, gotcha, misunderstood.  No idea why he is upset with getting paid, lol, definite plot hole.  Unless Matt Damon stole his girl or something personal.  I would guess they imply it's personal because gramma used to work for Worm and Worm treated him like crap, but not sure why he'd be gung ho to beat up Worm's friend.

2 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Grama

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

On 9/11/2024 at 9:24 PM, thebestever6 said:

Anyone ever see rounders thoughts?

Finally watched it agian last night after all of the football... Lost nothing..amazing movie...

Mike

Worm

Teddy KGB

Knish

Abe (his professor)

all just amazing characters and the actors did a wonderful job.  

• Like 1

Hit Man was so good.

Rebel Ridge I thought was good immediately after finishing it, but the more I think about it, the less I like it. I do appreciate the overall unique twist on a revenge tale, but that ending was so bad to me.

Spoiler

Why did ALL the cops suddenly turn good at the end? They were still shooting and trying to kill Terry even AFTER the captain shot his own guy! Why the sudden change of heart? There is literally no explaining it other than "oh well they just turned good". It felt like an episode of the west wing. You wrote 3/4 of a great movie about the abuse of civil asset forfeiture and kind of ruined it in just about the final scene. Very weird.

• Like 1

Hot Shots 1 and 2 are just silly funny movies.  You watch movies like this to laugh a lot, and both of these movies do.  Lots of one liners, sight gags, just anything to get a laugh.  I enjoy watching these every couple years.  Both get 7/10

Imaginary is boring.  It's 1 hour 45 minutes, it felt like 3 hours.  I didn't care about anything that happened or any of the characters that I didn't care what happened.  A child's imaginary friend that comes to life and kills people, not the plot of this movie as you might be led to believe(The Simpsons did this as one of their Halloween segments and that was more fun and entertaining as anything in this mess)  0/10

Bad Boys: Ride or Die was good, but not as good as the previous one.  Will Smith and Martin Lawrence are good together and have good chemistry.  The villains seem menacing at first, but I felt they got weaker as the movie went on.  Some good action and laughs, but if the villains were more threatening I'd like this better.  Still, watch Bad Boys For Life then this one, you have a fun double feature.  6/10

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bowler1215 said:

Hot Shots 1 and 2 are just silly funny movies.  You watch movies like this to laugh a lot, and both of these movies do.  Lots of one liners, sight gags, just anything to get a laugh.  I enjoy watching these every couple years.  Both get 7/10

Agree 

I dont really like parody movies but sheen plays it pretty much straight channeling leslie nielson

The only thing that annoyed me in those movies is the mouse sneeze which was too corny

11 hours ago, Bowler1215 said:

Imaginary is boring.  It's 1 hour 45 minutes, it felt like 3 hours.  I didn't care about anything that happened or any of the characters that I didn't care what happened.  A child's imaginary friend that comes to life and kills people, not the plot of this movie as you might be led to believe(The Simpsons did this as one of their Halloween segments and that was more fun and entertaining as anything in this mess)  0/10

Bad Boys: Ride or Die was good, but not as good as the previous one.  Will Smith and Martin Lawrence are good together and have good chemistry.  The villains seem menacing at first, but I felt they got weaker as the movie went on.  Some good action and laughs, but if the villains were more threatening I'd like this better.  Still, watch Bad Boys For Life then this one, you have a fun double feature.  6/10

Hot Shots 2 is in my top 5 parody movies. 

Not sure where to put this but:

Hans Zimmer is my all time favorite composer

Bought tickets last year to see him in Baltimore this past friday. Literally 3 hours before the show he cancels, saying he’s sick. The night before he played NYC on his bday and was out till 3am per his social media stories drinking. Per his bands social media they arrived in Boston around 5pm the night they were supposed to play in Baltimore. He or his team didn’t put out an official statement until days later and it was just “sorry we had to cancel baltimore…on to Boston tonight!”

Pretty clear he just got trashed in NYC, was hungover, and decided to skip Bmore and go to Boston early instead.

Still love his music but crazy unprofessional and I doubt i’ll ever get a chance to see him again

3 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Not sure where to put this but:

Hans Zimmer is my all time favorite composer

Bought tickets last year to see him in Baltimore this past friday. Literally 3 hours before the show he cancels, saying he’s sick. The night before he played NYC on his bday and was out till 3am per his social media stories drinking. Per his bands social media they arrived in Boston around 5pm the night they were supposed to play in Baltimore. He or his team didn’t put out an official statement until days later and it was just “sorry we had to cancel baltimore…on to Boston tonight!”

Pretty clear he just got trashed in NYC, was hungover, and decided to skip Bmore and go to Boston early instead.

Still love his music but crazy unprofessional and I doubt i’ll ever get a chance to see him again

I would be fuming. I saw him in NYC it was great.  Pretty sh***y they canceled that close to the show.

• Like 1