Allen Robinson wants out?

Ty21

Unless it is a top 10 pick I'm not giving up his rights,  and would franchise him if he refused to sign. 

This shouldn't even be an issue, I expect him to get an extension before long. That bei g said a top 10 pick and our 1st should be a hell of a start to go up for the QB of the future. 

Edited by Sugashane

25 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Unless it is a top 10 pick I'm not giving up his rights,  and would franchise him if he refused to sign. 

This shouldn't even be an issue, I expect him to get an extension before long. That bei g said a top 10 pick and our 1st should be a hell of a start to go up for the QB of the future. 

No team that's bad enough to pick in the top-10 would trade a 1st for ARob. 

If he gets traded.. which I still think is a long shot at this point then you can bank on it being to a contender who wants to win now.

I'm not worried about them not getting something done though. Bears would be foolish not to extend him. They need Robinson as much as any player.

If they don't extend him then I will officially be on the fire Pace bandwagon.

40 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Shocking. I think the Bears want to wait until this season plays out. If Trubisky busts then I think they will trade Robinson. If Trubisky plays well I think they resign him. Pace/Nagy have to be thinking about a rebuild if they can't compete this year.

12 minutes ago, Pool said:

Another quick thought....Robinson for Zach Ertz? Would anyone make that deal?

Well considering Ertz is in the same situation of wanting to get paid I'd say no as I don't see how this trade would help the Bears.

You guys have Goedert who is legit. After Robinson our WRs are just ok. Talented but inconsistent.

Plus we just drafted a TE early and signed Jimmy Graham to a decent contract.

Just now, topwop1 said:

Well considering Ertz is in the same situation of wanting to get paid I'd say no as I don't see how this trade would help the Bears.

You guys have Goedert who is legit. After Robinson our WRs are just ok. Talented but inconsistent.

Plus we just drafted a TE early and signed Jimmy Graham to a decent contract.

Uh what is this you guys stuff? 🤠

9 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Like i said in another thread, jalen Ramsey removed all logos from his social media pages a few days before singing long term with LAR.  Athletes do this all the time.  Hopefully this is just a way to send the Bears a message.

The longer they wait, the more expensive it’ll be.  And that’s if he’s willing to sign at all.

This. All day long.

JitteryUnluckyAmethystsunbird-size_restr

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure the whole removing Bears from his social media stuff is all part of the leverage issues going on in the negotiations. There is literally no reason why the Bears would not want A-Rob back. The team must just be seriously worried about the salary cap, we're pretty close to it as it is, and it's expected to be what? Down to around $175m next season? A -Rob's gonna be looking for $20m+ a year. That's tough to fit in with the salary cap... Bear in mind we've still got a QB position to sort out and will be paying someone in 2021. Really hope the Bears find a way of getting this done, but I can see why negotiations have been tough.

The thing about Robinson is I think Pace feels Bears fans and Robinson himself are valuing him higher than his market value.   Robinson is a 50/50 ball receiver without deep speed.   A very good one no doubt, but not something teams are dying for.   

Teams do not have to play a safety over the top of him deep.   They can both cover him tight if they want to double and stay near box if they choose.   That makes a difference.  Notice they only yell 'speed' when Mooney comes on field?   You don't pay those guys elite top money unless you are a fool.   

I think Pace plan is to use the transition tag that allows him to match any deal and keeps it average of top 10 rather than 5 as a floor.

So someone else negotiates his contract and he isn't the bad guy.  If someone truly does want to pay him a crazy amount he can let him go and Bears fans shouldn't be upset.

They still have to pay a QB and probably an OT remember which still hasn't been addressed.  And Graham isn't getting younger so TE may have to be revisited.   There are immediate offensive needs in 2021 that won't come cheap.   It looks like they will may need a new ILB as well.   

The twitter Lynch mob should take a breath and think.  The supply of WRs always usually meets demand.  Other positions not so much.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

The thing about Robinson is I think Pace feels Bears fans and Robinson himself are valuing him higher than his market value.   Robinson is a 50/50 ball receiver without deep speed.   A very good one no doubt, but not something teams are dying for.   

Teams do not have to play a safety over the top of him deep.   They can both cover him tight if they want to double and stay near box if they choose.   That makes a difference.  Notice they only yell 'speed' when Mooney comes on field?   You don't pay those guys elite top money unless you are a fool.   

I think Pace plan is to use the transition tag that allows him to match any deal and keeps it average of top 10 rather than 5 as a floor.

So someone else negotiates his contract and he isn't the bad guy.  If someone truly does want to pay him a crazy amount he can let him go and Bears fans shouldn't be upset.

They still have to pay a QB and probably an OT remember which still hasn't been addressed.  And Graham isn't getting younger so TE may have to be revisited.   There are immediate offensive needs in 2021 that won't come cheap.   It looks like they will may need a new ILB as well.   

The twitter Lynch mob should take a breath and think.  The supply of WRs always usually meets demand.  Other positions not so much.

I too think this is/was probably Pace's plan, similar to what he did with Kyle Fuller when the Pukers tried to snag him away from us.  

I'm just surprised that ARob took a complete reversal from his stance just over week ago when he said he is not focused on his contract situation and is just focused on the season and helping the team win games...then literally a week later he completely changed his tune, and now the team is here with this dilemma on their hands.  

Doesn't help that his teammates keep posting these #extendAR tweets all over social media.  Does Nagy not have any control over the locker room and the messages these guys are sending? 

Again, I cannot stress enough how big of a fan of ARob I am but I just think this is classic WR diva crap that I didn't think ARob had in him and could have been totally avoided to not create unneeded distractions to this team.

I'm sure something will end up getting done sooner than later now, but then again I'm worried that it sets a bad precedent for other players that they can just throw a hissy fit when things don't go exactly how they envisioned them going.

I will say one thing...Pace kind of effed up by not getting a new deal done before all these other WR deals came through recently.  Now he will likely have to pay a premium.