Giants at Bears - Week 2

dll2000

Haha....good stuff

Im not usually a blame the refs guy but they are human and I feel like they were a little anti Bear in that game

DL is bad without Goldman

Offense is pretty much what was expected...middle of the pack

We are a top 16 team who can challenge for the playoffs...kind of exactly what I think we all thought

• Like 2

-Mitch had a couple of bad throws (just like every other QB) but played fine overall. I like that he is throwing the ball to everyone.

First INT was a questionable decision. 2nd INT was a mix of the defender making a good play and being lucky to come down with it (he was back was turned and not even looking for the ball). Mitch has a nice run where he stutter stepped the defender.

--OL played well again. Massie with a turnover saving diving catch.

--Mooney is a stud in the making. 

--DL was okay but still not as good as they should be. 

--DT is really struggling.

--JJ is playing great.

--Refs screwed Ejack out of a pick-6.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

Haha....good stuff

Im not usually a blame the refs guy but they are human and I feel like they were a little anti Bear in that game

We are a top 16 team who can challenge for the playoffs...kind of exactly what I think we all thought

Their gonna need to play alot better next week. ATL's offense is on fire.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MonserinNC said:

Haha....good stuff

Are we sure the offense is middle of the pack? Maybe statistically but the eye test says they're really only putting together 15-17 minutes per game so far of good play. They have some good plays but then they somehow stall.

I thought Mitch was good today.

Full game thoughts:

1. Danny Trevethan has been a liability on the field. As I stated earlier, this feels like Kyle Long did when he was effectively cut mid season. I thought it was just the passing game, but he was also blown out of a run stuff rather badly that I saw. I feel like this further emphasizes how annoyed I was that they didn't attempt to block that Smith kid from getting poached from the PS.... ILB depth here is a big concern now.

2. Jaylon Johnson is a stud.... His first two games at corner, with no preseason, and limited training camp, and he's basically been outplaying Fuller, who is still playing at his normal level himself.  This kid was a draft steal.

3. Speaking of draft picks being steals, Mooney again showing up and making big boy plays. I look forward to seeing him getting more and more involved as the year goes on.

4. Anthony Miller is the Mitch Trubisky of WR.  You see flashes of potential where he looks amazing, but it simply needs to be more than that... Today he didn't even have the flashes of good, and might have been the single worst player on the field for us, even counting Trevethan. As it stands right now, he's on my short list of rookies that AREN'T getting a second contract.

5. E. Jacks committed PI on that play.... I don't understand how anyone can see it differently... he straight up ran the guy over to be in a position to catch the ball. I really could have used that pick 6 for my FF team too =(

6. My 2nd FF gripe is actually a positive.... Allen Robinson wasn't a non factor, but they clearly made effort to limit him today (again to my FF team's detriment).... The good news is, for the first half at least, Mitch was doing an outstanding job, finding basically everyone but A.Rob to throw the ball to (and even getting Robinson his a few as well) and the offense looked like everything we've wanted it to be

7. The flip side of that, is that I feel like Mitch was forcing passes to Robinson in the second half, and the offense started looking like the one that would have Foles starting.

8. My final FF gripe is Cohen (though he was on my bench today).... Monty gets hurt, we literally just paid Cohen.... and Cohen was more or less a ghost today. I don't understand what we're paying him for, if he's still our like 3rd option behind Patterson and Nall.

9. Offensive line was a mixed bag today... The OTs got beat bad on 2 of Mitches 3 sacks. The push was definitely worse today than last week overall, but the OL did a great job wearing the defense down.

10. Kmet had a nice play to get invovled in the passing game today, great to see, even if he is being dramatically overshadowed by other rookies still

11. Trubisky continues his Jekyll/Hyde routine. First half he looked calm, poised, and focused for the most part. His lack of pocket awareness was a factor in all 3 of the sacks, however. His second half was ugly.

12. I had absolutely zero faith in Carlos Santos (I'll never call him anything else after John Fox) making that kick.... I'm genuinely confused as to why Nagy did.

13. The defensive line is a low key problem..... Aside from the NT vacancy being noticeable and teams getting way to much push up the middle, the pass rush for the entire day was underwhelming.

14. Ryan Nall going out for a pass reminded me of Adam Shaheen.... just awkward, oafish, and off balance. Bad look in his limited reps.

15. The Patterson experiment was a mixed bag at best as well.... The blocking wasn't really there for much of his runs, but he was also very guilty of doing exactly what we all criticized Cohen for last year, constantly bouncing everything outside.... especially concerning since he has like 70lbs on Cohen and should be capable of just smashing his way through at least some of the time.

• Like 1

A wins a win and I'm happy the team is 2-0 but man why they gotta do us like that and make us sweat out what should have been an easy win?

I find this happens far too often with this team and I attribute a lot of it to the coaching staff not making proper adjustments or just getting too complacent after getting an early lead.

Some of it was due to bad luck and Giants making plays, but their best player on O was out for majority of game and they still allowed them to mount a comeback that went down to the wire.

Nagy's gotta be better in these situations because that type of stuff won't work against the better teams.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Can we get two good half’s of football? 

Yup.  Eight quarters of football so far and we've only been alive in three of them.

Up 17-0 we should have been able to put NY away early.  Instead they're in it 'til the final play just as Detroit was.

Losing just a little more faith in Nagy as a playcaller and game day HC.

• Like 1