Hogwarts Legacy

Kiltman

20 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Me. I don't care a single bit how easy or intricate the combat is. I just want to explore Hogwarts.

Yeah I have a mega boner for this. My only concern is they seem to have a ton of stuff outside Hogwarts, and I am worried they didn't focus enough on the actual school. We'll see

This does look really cool, but going to see how I feel closer to the time. I'm more excited for Starfield so I imagine I'll still be playing that when Hogwarts Legacy comes out, and I just don't feel totally comfortable giving JK Rowling money. I know she's not involved in making the game, but she still profits.

23 hours ago, RJ_11 said:

This does look really cool, but going to see how I feel closer to the time. I'm more excited for Starfield so I imagine I'll still be playing that when Hogwarts Legacy comes out, and I just don't feel totally comfortable giving JK Rowling money. I know she's not involved in making the game, but she still profits.

There are a couple of outlets not covering it because of her and some of the lead creatives.
They are taking some victory laps for it.

Its a tough spot to be in, same goes for any large brand or business. Like if you boycott because of people at the top, it’s often the people at the bottom that have to suffer those consequences.

Ultimately there are options if you want to play it but not support directly, easiest of which is just buy it used.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

I'll still get the game even if I dont agree with some of her opinions

I am pretty sure she has nothing to do with the game, but just because she might get some royalties from it doesn't mean we have to nuke the Harry Potter universe from existence. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I am pretty sure she has nothing to do with the game, but just because she might get some royalties from it doesn't mean we have to nuke the Harry Potter universe from existence. 

Yeah I’m not so scorched earth, especially the more removed you get.

like there are hundreds of people that made this game that will be affected and out of a job before she notices even a scuff in her bank account.

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

Yes I realize that but some people i know arent playing it at all because some of her opinions

I think combat is what makes or breaks this game. Avoiding the repetitive/redundancy pitfalls and keeping things fresh. That, and how much people enjoy the rumored side activities like that broom sport game.

As a man in his 20s who was never really into the series, I do question just how much this game ultimately offers me. I'm not interested in a low-yield magic children's boarding school simulator laced with nostalgia shrapnel, easy puzzles, and one dimensional characters/stories. I'll give it a shot though. I do like that they kicked the setting back and went into the 1800s. That was a smart move imo, and opens up the possibility for future entries in the series to get into how the 'magic world' existed or acted during the turmoil of the early to mid 1900s. 

Lol. You’re all pretty brain dead.

20 years ago the right was crucifying Rowling and the left was calling the right brain dead, and they were right.

Now it’s come full circle and the left is brain dead.

She’s an author who wrote a fantastic, timeless story and created an amazing world.

Just shut up and deal with it because I guarantee I could ruin your favorite movie with the belief of someone involved and I could ruin every single product you use from your toilet paper to your poop-stained underwear brand.

If you want to boycott somebody because you hate them politically and what they make is horse crap, fine, but you are literally brain dead if you are going to boycott something you want to see, listen to or use.

Like, yeah, Rowling is going to not buy that next house because she didn’t get the royalty off you paying 60 dollars for a video game.

Mhmm.

And before anyone tries the whole, “But you don’t buy Madden.”

Right. If you can’t see the difference, you’re dumber than you think I think you are.

Madden = Crap.

This does not look like crap.

Seriously, OMG. Like I get it. There are actors and actresses I can’t stand politically, but I guarantee you if they were ever in an excellent remake of The Thing, I’d be the first one in line.

Don’t restrict yourself from enjoying something because you don’t want the 60 cents of your 60 dollar purchase going to JK Rowling.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol. You’re all pretty brain dead.

20 years ago the right was crucifying Rowling and the left was calling the right brain dead, and they were right.

Now it’s come full circle and the left is brain dead.

She’s an author who wrote a fantastic, timeless story and created an amazing world.

Just shut up and deal with it because I guarantee I could ruin your favorite movie with the belief of someone involved and I could ruin every single product you use from your toilet paper to your poop-stained underwear brand.

If you want to boycott somebody because you hate them politically and what they make is horse crap, fine, but you are literally brain dead if you are going to boycott something you want to see, listen to or use.

Like, yeah, Rowling is going to not buy that next house because she didn’t get the royalty off you paying 60 dollars for a video game.

Mhmm.

And before anyone tries the whole, “But you don’t buy Madden.”

Right. If you can’t see the difference, you’re dumber than you think I think you are.

Madden = Crap.

This does not look like crap.

Seriously, OMG. Like I get it. There are actors and actresses I can’t stand politically, but I guarantee you if they were ever in an excellent remake of The Thing, I’d be the first one in line.

Don’t restrict yourself from enjoying something because you don’t want the 60 cents of your 60 dollar purchase going to JK Rowling.

Who said they were? @RJ_11brought up maybe feeling a little weird about it, I shared some pertinent info about outlets not covering it.
That's really it.

I know you were itching to write this, but there's a lot in here you know better than to get into.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Kiltman said:

There are a couple of outlets not covering it because of her and some of the lead creatives.
They are taking some victory laps for it.

Its a tough spot to be in, same goes for any large brand or business. Like if you boycott because of people at the top, it’s often the people at the bottom that have to suffer those consequences.

Ultimately there are options if you want to play it but not support directly, easiest of which is just buy it used.

I think buy it used might be my way forward actually, might get it from ebay or something a while after release.

And yeah I do think about the people who have made the game which is why I'm conflicted. I don't want to give money to Rowling, but I'd guess there are a bunch of LGBTQ+ people that worked on the game, and are damn proud of the product they've made.

I'll probably think about it more the closer we get to launch, but I like the buy it used idea.

Edited by RJ_11

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Who said they were? @RJ_11brought up maybe feeling a little weird about it, I shared some pertinent info about outlets not covering it.
That's really it.

I know you were itching to write this, but there's a lot in here you know better than to get into.

I just called everybody brain dead so it evens out.