GDT: Denver Broncos (0-1) at Pittsburgh Steelers (1-0)

paul-mac

5 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Ok, this makes sense. Poor wording on my behalf, then.

And by the way, I do agree with you - clearly there are many times when he just needS to slide or step up, and instead he’s bailing.  What I would refer to as “not manipulating the pocket well”.  The impact is mitigated somewhat by his strength in throwing on the move - but yes, definitely something he needs to improve on if he is to improve his accuracy and consistency.  

12 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Denver will not beat Buffalo. We have maybe three or four truly winnable games on the schedule, and we probably won't win all of them.

Like it or not, Denver has significant tank potential. The upside of this is that Denver has a ton of talent, and the injuries are more freak injuries than they are nagging injuries. A top pick again could be a big time blessing in disguise.

I think it’s a long shot, but not crazy.  Again, Josh Allen is capable of going out and throwing 3 INTs and completing 10 passes.  

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

The hits just keep on coming.   Given how much improved TAM's OL is (and with Fournette, they have a 1-2 hammer combo to wear D's out with Ronald Jones), next week is shaping up to be a tall task.

Agim’s coming out party!  He’s going to be a STUD!  Maybe not week 1.  But I love the way he plays.  

1 hour ago, germ-x said:

If Lock/Sutton are out for the year, there are really only 2 games I’d pick Denver in for the entire year and that’s the Jets and Panthers.

The crazy part is Fangio has gotten heat and deservedly so, but the only thing that would be keeping this team from bottom 3–4 in the league is his ability to maximize the talent on defense.  

Jets are across the country on a short week.  They’re terrible, but - with Driskel, no Sutton, no Miller, No Bouye, no Lindsay, no Jones.  Hell, the way things are going, I’m pretty sure we’re destined to lose Bolles, Gordon, and Jackson to injury next week lol.  Just brutal.  But nonetheless, while the Jets game is certainly winnable, Thursday night games are traditionally  brutal for the road team .

Just finished watching about 30 minutes of game film so just a few thoughts.

I like our rookie CB, #23. He could be really good when he learns the game.  Absolutely dreadful pass rush, admittedly against a great OL, but still.......

Cush will end up being the real deal. Finally getting some push from the center position. A few mental errors but those will go away. Risner had a much better game than last week and Glasgow was pretty solid. Wilk just needs to be cut though. He just can't move well enough. Every time he's left uncovered it's a sack. His 4th year and he's really shown no improvement.

Not really a fan of Shurmer so far. 4th and 2, game on the line and whats he do? Sends a TE on a pattern, leaving Wilk uncovered. Sack.

1 hour ago, BroncoBruin said:

It will be interesting to see which rookie CB stays in the lineup when Bouye comes back. I don’t think I heard Essang Bassey’s name called one time and he played nickel all game. Thought Callahan had a terrific game too. 

I basically missed the entire game because a foolish friend of mine decided he needed to move.  Overall how was Ojumedia?  I only saw him make an excellent tackle on the side line toward the end of the game where he did not shy away from physicality.

4 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I basically missed the entire game because a foolish friend of mine decided he needed to move.  Overall how was Ojumedia?  I only saw him make an excellent tackle on the side line toward the end of the game where he did not shy away from physicality.

Ben really went after him. Started out great with a perfect click-and-close to stop a 3rd down, then has an INT go through his hands in the end zone later in the quarter (drive ended on a TD). After that it was pretty ugly. 6-10, 148 yards and 2 TDs. 

7 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Ben really went after him. Started out great with a perfect click-and-close to stop a 3rd down, then has an INT go through his hands in the end zone later in the quarter (drive ended on a TD). After that it was pretty ugly. 6-10, 148 yards and 2 TDs. 

That was a blatant push off on him for the 84 yard Td absolutely shocked the refs didn't call that on claypool you have to be better than that at officiating. Full arm extension.

That second big Ben td on him was non defensible. I mean perfect throw on the run he had tight coverage too.

Edited by thebestever6