GDT: Denver Broncos (0-1) at Pittsburgh Steelers (1-0)

paul-mac

1 minute ago, lomaxgrUK said:

You have a 6ft 5 QB that can run. He's not your franchise QB. WHY are you not calling QB draw there??? Spread it out and run the ball with your tall, athletic QB. That is so bad, man. 

Can't believe we even had a shot to be fair. It's the hope that kills you ...

They had me thinking they were gonna win that game

Pretty amazing display IMO. We've got lots of  issues but character and fight to the buzzer aren't among them. 

We gave up 7 sacks, 19 QB hits, 6 TFL and still had a chance to win it in the 4th. By the way, that's one of the most brutal stat lines I've ever seen.

These kids, as they develop, will give us plenty to cheer about.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Pretty amazing display IMO. We've got lots of  issues but character and fight to the buzzer aren't among them. 

We gave up 7 sacks, 19 QB hits, 6 TFL and still had a chance to win it in the 4th. By the way, that's one of the most brutal stat lines I've ever seen.

These kids, as they develop, will give us plenty to cheer about.

Definitely. My biggest concern right now though is that Drew Lock has now suffered two (what appear to be) significant injuries in two years. Young QB’s need reps to work the kinks out, and thus far Lock hasn’t had the opportunity to do that because he can’t seem to stay on the field. At some point this is going to start really impacting his development if he can’t find a way to stay healthy. 

Not to be overly pessimistic but chances are, if Lock is out the rest of the year, we will be drafting high. Not high enough for Lawrence but high. Is there a chance that Elway will finally look at a QB that doesn't somewhat resemble him in college? Tall guys with rocket arms and poor downfield accuracy that hold the ball too long? Like Osweiler, Lynch, Lock, etc.

24 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Not to be overly pessimistic but chances are, if Lock is out the rest of the year, we will be drafting high. Not high enough for Lawrence but high. Is there a chance that Elway will finally look at a QB that doesn't somewhat resemble him in college? Tall guys with rocket arms and poor downfield accuracy that hold the ball too long? Like Osweiler, Lynch, Lock, etc.

I think the game is evolving to where QBs cannot take the hits they once did because the defenders are getting bigger, faster, and stronger; therefore, you need a QB who can avoid hits.  Manning and Brady or Brees could do it because they can get rid of the ball so quickly and accurately.  However, those QBs do not exist anymore...so it would behoove the Broncos to find a starting QB who can run and avoid defenders.  I mean look at Wentz.  He is great, until he gets hammered.  

Edited by jsthomp2007

Are we just hoping for 1-3 with Lock back in Week 5? Man what a depressing way to start a season. Driskel showed something today but it’s going to be much harder when Bowles has a week to prep for him. Even the Jets game will be tough. I’ll try to focus on a couple positive things.

-Callahan and the safeties are very good players and it’s been a tough matchup for the secondary without consistent pressure. In general this defense is a pretty good unit that is well-coached and smart but unfortunately unable to cope with the losses of Von and Bouye. 

-Another rookie shining with an opportunity. KJ looked like he can be a player. Patrick and Hamilton just don’t give this offense enough so I hope it’s mostly the rookies with Sutton going forward. There’s reason to be optimistic that this passing game has four matchup problems for defenses to try to cover, which is a testament to great drafting.