Winner winner chicken dinner  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Browns
    • The football team
    • Horny
    • Nobody

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

Good game today guys.  Looking at the stats page, everything was nearly identical except one category.......turnovers.  We had five, Browns had none, and you all scored 21 points off turnovers.  Ball security and field position is the name of the game, and you guys took advantage of those opportunities and kept them away from us.  

Are Redskins fans already giving up on Haskins? I’m an OSU fan obviously so I’m rooting for him, but I will say that he looked pretty bad staring things down today and with his general awareness and accuracy.

9 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I had to watch the game on replay today without any spoilers due to my schedule so I’m just catching up. Are we excited around here or halting our enthusiasm? Gosh, Chubb and Hunt are so fun to watch. I know everyone ridicules the value of a running back but Nick Chubb was drafted by us and I want to see us pay him whatever it takes to make him play 10 years in Cleveland. 

TBD

7 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Are Redskins fans already giving up on Haskins? I’m an OSU fan obviously so I’m rooting for him, but I will say that he looked pretty bad staring things down today and with his general awareness and accuracy.

Maybe he’s just bad, but they’re not doing him any favors with that supporting cast.

3 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I am grading on a curve.  I want to see where we are in the middle of the season once everyone has some reps.  He also has a pretty bad supporting cast outside of McLaurin and a few pieces along the offensive line.  But the turnovers and locking onto receivers are things within his control, and I am not a fan of some of his mechanical things right now.  He can also take a couple lessons on touch passes, and not having every pass be the big cannon.  

Many of the fans on Twitter are already giving up I am sure.  We have a few guys in our forum who are ready to move on as well.  Many I think recognize the limitations by the moves being made (it is year one of a rebuild, and we are rebuilding a terrible culture), and the Covid off-season did us no favors.  For me personally, I thought that Haskins needed to settle the QB debate himself.  If we were good enough not to be in a position to draft Lawrence or Fields, it's because Haskins showed enough and elevated the talent to get a few wins on his own to get to 5-11 or 6-10.  If not, well, we would probably move on, because Rivera has no ties or loyalty to Haskins.  

He throws two less interceptions, and doesn't fumble, and this was a different game.  

• Like 1

Just now, NateDawg said:

Yes it’s pretty awful, offensive line and weapons outside of our guy Terry.

They really should be playing a vet right now if they have any hopes of salvaging Haskins.

Of course watching Rivera concede the game with a lot of time left and 3 TO’s makes me think they are already looking ahead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Maybe he’s just bad, but they’re not doing him any favors with that supporting cast.

Oh I agree.  We are rebuilding a terrible, toxic culture, so I completely understand why we didn't make any flashy free-agent signings in the first year of a rebuild.  He has a solid offensive line at C, RG and RT, but LT is positively dreadful and LG has had a mixed performance so far.  That solid RG is actually pretty good, but also on the shelf.  TE is absolutely the worst TE squad in the NFL, and WR's are not in the bottom only because McLaurin is so good.  RBs, even without Peterson and Guice, are a decent grouping, but nothing special right now.  

Still, those INTs are on him today for locking on, and he fumbled twice.  Can't do those things and expect to win, even if we do have better talent around him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Oh I agree.  We are rebuilding a terrible, toxic culture, so I completely understand why we didn't make any flashy free-agent signings in the first year of a rebuild.  He has a solid offensive line at C, RG and RT, but LT is positively dreadful and LG has had a mixed performance so far.  That solid RG is actually pretty good, but also on the shelf.  TE is absolutely the worst TE squad in the NFL, and WR's are not in the bottom only because McLaurin is so good.  RBs, even without Peterson and Guice, are a decent grouping, but nothing special right now.  

Still, those INTs are on him today for locking on, and he fumbled twice.  Can't do those things and expect to win, even if we do have better talent around him. 

Yeah the picks were on him, he was absolutely staring guys down.

He looks lost right now and they’re asking a lot of him.

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Yeah, our defense deserves little credit for those TOs. They made the play, yeah, but Haskins basically gave us those INTs with how bad those throws/decisions were on his part.

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He had 2 sacks and a FF that he recovered and you’re complaining?  

Bruh...

I don’t know what else to say other than our issues defensively aren’t because of him.

Well with our coverage scheme we do need more consistent pressure (from whoever, obviously Myles is the face so he will get named more). We don't have to accumulate sacks but we are going to have to cause more pressure on the QB, maybe with some smart blitzes (from a DB probably).

Myles certainly did his part, especially looking at his stats. He didn't have the presence of Sweat but he was better statistically. Sweat was more consistently disruptive though.

I feel like we would be a playoff team if we had a good defense.  Offense is solid, and Baker didn't have a "wtf were you thinking" throw today which was huge.  I don't want to be a downer, but our offense doesn't seem sooooo good we can overcome our bad defense.  We win 2/4 this stretch against Dallas, Pittsburgh, Indy, and Vegas we are looking really good.  Can easily see us going 0/4 though.

Again not to be a downer just based off what I see the first 3 weeks.  We won the 2 games we were supposed to win which is an improvement though.

3 hours ago, bruceb said:
3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

And he would have, but he had a 260 pound man that runs a 4.4 in his grill within seconds. 

An A+ throw leads to a td, an A throw gives him a chance 

Think even a B throw would have given him a chance.

Ha, it was a great throw just to give Hunt a chance. He threw it 2 seconds early and fortunately Hunt found it in the air and made a spectacular catch. If Tom Brady attempts that throw 100 times it is incomplete 99 times, same with anyone. If Hunt didn't turn both directions on his way to the ball he could have caught it in stride but honestly it was great that he even found it in the air, it certainly wasn't drawn up like it happened because Hunt wasn't even close to where he was expecting his route to be when the ball was thrown, Baker just had no other chance to throw it extremely early and just hope.

• Like 1

I really do you think Dallas on the road next week is our barometer game. They are not elite but they are legitimate. I think we know what we played the last two weeks, and we still remember what happened against Baltimore. What we see next week should confirm in our minds what our team is this year.