Trade Targets?

pacman5252

50 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

Honestly i don't know, i don't play for world championships, seems like if rodgers wants another world championship he'd be willing to take a pay cut to do all he can to help. What the hell does he need all that money for, hes set for life, his family, his kids, he's got statefarm paying him millions. 

Didn't Brady take a few pay cuts through out his career to help out the team, seemed to work for him alright 6 SB's later.

There's professional pride. He will have gone into the draft hoping we finally pick up a receiver and instead they draft his replacement and then in the second draft a guy probably more for the post Rodgers years. They are planning on moving on. Whilst its business - there is going to be an element of balls to you, I'm going to show you I'm still an elite QB, taking a pay cut doesn't really fit with that.

If I'm Rodgers I would consider taking a pay cut for a 100% guaranteed contract. Then I get to play till I'm 40 with the Packers and leave on my own terms. They wont do that because of Love s no deal.

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:

It would be Gute. 

Also knew they wanted a 2nd. They don’t have a second and want to get one back.

I'd offer a third and hold on that. There's no guarantee the Texans even get that compensation back in FA and the Packers third is automatically higher than the comp pick.

1 minute ago, Striker said:

I'd offer a third and hold on that. There's no guarantee the Texans even get that compensation back in FA and the Packers third is automatically higher than the comp pick.

I tend to agree. I would also see if Giants are interested in a 6th for Golden Tate.

8 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

That was my though too. Someone else interpreted that as Gutey vs MLF. ( Rob demo)

Yea, I actually don't think it's Gute. I think this is probably Murphy sticking his nose in where it doesn't belong, or it could be Ball because he's the money guy. Another reason this tri-pod of executive management is dumb af. 

8 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

For as much as I rag on him, I'm actually giving Gute the benefit of the doubt here. I don't think he's him. I think he wants (and knows we need to) do this deal. I think it's one of the other stooges holding this up. 

I think a 3rd gets this done for both sides. 

Only way trading a late 2nd for Fuller would make any sense is if GB extends him, which I just don't see happening with their cap situation + the talent on their team already set to hit FA after this year. If a 3rd can't get it done, they need to shift course quick and find another option for cheaper. It wouldn't be hard to add an upgrade over MVS