Trade Targets?

pacman5252

32 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

No. 

Gilmore playing 9 yards off the receiver is still 9 yards off the receiver. 

If we make a trade for a defender, it has to be somebody who is above and beyond any scheme limitations.  A DL or Lavar Arrington player who will do whatever TF he wants and say to hell with stupid assignments. 

That is why I hate myself.

I have faith that our DC can ruin most any player.

SI -  The Packers don’t have much cap space for 2020 to accommodate another contract. Every minor transaction, such as elevating a player from the practice squad to play on gamedays, takes a chunk out of that remaining $6.83 million.

Second, the Packers have merely $2.42 million of cap space for 2021, based on OverTheCap.com’s projections, with the COVID-related income reductions taking a significant bite out of the league-wide cap.

Third, Jones, left tackle David Bakhtiari, center Corey Linsley and King lead an impressive group of free agents. Some tough decisions will have to be made this coming offseason to assemble a roster that fits under the cap. That means there’s a good chance next year’s roster won’t be as good as this year’s roster and the Lombardi Trophy will seem an even more distant goal.

Realizing this might be the last chance to win a second Super Bowl with Rodgers, will Gutekunst go for it?  Or will he maintain the Packers’ long-standing way of doing business, which is clinging to every available salary-cap dollar to maintain the current core and keeping draft picks to restock the roster?

The case to make a bold move is an obvious one. Rodgers is a generational talent who remains on top of his game. There’s not the slightest clue that Jordan Love will ever be to Rodgers what Rodgers was to Favre. Then again, there’s not the slightest reason to believe the general manager who drafted the quarterback of the future in April will make a big move for the sake of the present.

28 minutes ago, Leader said:

SI -  The Packers don’t have much cap space for 2020 to accommodate another contract. Every minor transaction, such as elevating a player from the practice squad to play on gamedays, takes a chunk out of that remaining $6.83 million.

Second, the Packers have merely $2.42 million of cap space for 2021, based on OverTheCap.com’s projections, with the COVID-related income reductions taking a significant bite out of the league-wide cap.

Third, Jones, left tackle David Bakhtiari, center Corey Linsley and King lead an impressive group of free agents. Some tough decisions will have to be made this coming offseason to assemble a roster that fits under the cap. That means there’s a good chance next year’s roster won’t be as good as this year’s roster and the Lombardi Trophy will seem an even more distant goal.

Realizing this might be the last chance to win a second Super Bowl with Rodgers, will Gutekunst go for it?  Or will he maintain the Packers’ long-standing way of doing business, which is clinging to every available salary-cap dollar to maintain the current core and keeping draft picks to restock the roster?

The case to make a bold move is an obvious one. Rodgers is a generational talent who remains on top of his game. There’s not the slightest clue that Jordan Love will ever be to Rodgers what Rodgers was to Favre. Then again, there’s not the slightest reason to believe the general manager who drafted the quarterback of the future in April will make a big move for the sake of the present.

With all of this being said, I don't care. KC, Philly, New Orleans have shown that you can make the cap work. Figure it out

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

With all of this being said, I don't care. KC, Philly, New Orleans have shown that you can make the cap work. Figure it out

yep, didn't KC have like a 100$ and resigned Mahomes to a massive deal then signed Jones i think for a massive deal. Maybe the cap reset at some point or something but it seems like either KC has really good people that deal with the cap or they are cheating the system some how, but then again, I don't really understand all that cap stuff too much

Edited by dwaye50327

Just now, dwaye50327 said:

yep, didn't KC have like a 100$ and resigned Mahomes to a massive deal then signed Jones i think for a massive deal. Maybe the cap reset at some point or something but it seems like either KC has really good people that deal with the cap or they are cheating the system some how

They did. Our problem is Rodgers cap hit the next 2 years. Either way, restructure Z to free up space to accommodate a contract this year. 

Just now, dwaye50327 said:

yep, didn't KC have like a 100$ and resigned Mahomes to a massive deal then signed Jones i think for a massive deal. Maybe the cap reset at some point or something but it seems like either KC has really good people that deal with the cap or they are cheating the system some how, but then again, I don't really understand all that cap stuff too much

GB is making stuff work... they pushed all of Clark’s money to the years after the cap effect of covid and when the new tv comes.