2021 HC Candidates

Trentwannabe

3 hours ago, Starless said:

I don't get your reasoning there. The Jets need to hit a home run with their next hire and you've got them squaring up to bunt. I think they'll sell out for Bieniemy, and if they can't get him they'll get either Daboll or Schottenheimer, who have both worked for the org before. 

When I posted it they were “just 0-4” and it seemed more like a culture issue than anything else. They got a good GM in place so I thought Caldwell could be an under the radar signing to right the ship.

But with them starting over basically everywhere, I do now expect them to swing for the fences and get a big name HC to pair with the 1st overall pick. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Schottenheimer to the Jets will really be intriguing, he checks off a lot of boxes.

Experience running multiple styles of offense

Experience with the organization

Former QB coach

Smart

Has good relationships around the league(important for bringing in a quality staff)

Also he seems to have really improved over the course of his career as an OC, which shows that he's not complacent and has a plan. 

• Like 1

Not really going to be obvious to people unless you're in the Texans know but add in McDaniels to list of top 3 candidates for our job at least. Getting another HC job has been a long time coming for him and I think it's going to be Houston (though I hope it won't be), our co-owner Cal McNair (he shares the role with his mother, Cal does all the football decisions that we know of) loves LOVES Nick Caserio and though I'm not opposed to Caserio being GM despite hating the idea of us being Patriots South for another 7 years, I can't see a world where Caserio doesn't prefer McDaniels over whatever HC prospect he's interviewing.

10 hours ago, Drained said:

Not really going to be obvious to people unless you're in the Texans know but add in McDaniels to list of top 3 candidates for our job at least. Getting another HC job has been a long time coming for him and I think it's going to be Houston (though I hope it won't be), our co-owner Cal McNair (he shares the role with his mother, Cal does all the football decisions that we know of) loves LOVES Nick Caserio and though I'm not opposed to Caserio being GM despite hating the idea of us being Patriots South for another 7 years, I can't see a world where Caserio doesn't prefer McDaniels over whatever HC prospect he's interviewing.

To compound on this, the Falcons expected leader for GM is Louis Riddick, a former Falcons safety who works for ESPN right now and was a scout with Washington and Philly, and he would want to bring in an offensive minded head coach... someone like Eric Bienemy...

6 minutes ago, scar988 said:

To compound on this, the Falcons expected leader for GM is Louis Riddick, a former Falcons safety who works for ESPN right now and was a scout with Washington and Philly, and he would want to bring in an offensive minded head coach... someone like Eric Bienemy...

I like that out of the box (kinda) hire if it happens for you guys. Risky but a nice risk to take imo.

However I'll never forget Louis Riddick questioning Jalen Ramsey the prospect/how good he was coming out. 

On 10/6/2020 at 9:09 AM, Trentwannabe said:

Way too early predictions:

Houston: Eric Bienemy - Great pairing for Watson

Atlanta: Matt Eberflus - Need to fix that defense and fast. The offense is ready to win now. 

NYJ: Jim Caldwell - not a long term solution but a guy who can change the culture and make them respectable again. JBC stays on staff and Teryl Austin comes on as DC.

Detroit: Brian Daboll - some fun weapons on offense for him to play with. 

i don't think Detroit gets rid of Patricia. 

maybe the jags get rid of Marrone tho

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I like that out of the box (kinda) hire if it happens for you guys. Risky but a nice risk to take imo.

However I'll never forget Louis Riddick questioning Jalen Ramsey the prospect/how good he was coming out. 

Considering ESPN guys get a lot less film and are going on just their gut and not having a full team of scouts to correct and counter act them, it explains why his takes are like that. Daniel Jeremiah and Mayock have had similar situations like that in the past.

On 10/6/2020 at 9:09 AM, Trentwannabe said:

Way too early predictions:

Houston: Eric Bienemy - Great pairing for Watson

Atlanta: Matt Eberflus - Need to fix that defense and fast. The offense is ready to win now. 

NYJ: Jim Caldwell - not a long term solution but a guy who can change the culture and make them respectable again. JBC stays on staff and Teryl Austin comes on as DC.

Detroit: Brian Daboll - some fun weapons on offense for him to play with. 

Falcons have gone defensive their last 3 head coaches since Dan Reeves with Mora, Smith and Quinn. I'd be shocked if they didn't go with an offensive mind so that Ryan didn't have to worry about his offense changing through the end of his career. If Falcons miss out on Bienemy, it wouldn't surprise me to see Joe Brady being the guy.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Falcons have gone defensive their last 3 head coaches since Dan Reeves with Mora, Smith and Quinn. I'd be shocked if they didn't go with an offensive mind so that Ryan didn't have to worry about his offense changing through the end of his career. If Falcons miss out on Bienemy, it wouldn't surprise me to see Joe Brady being the guy.

As long as their Offensive guy has a veteran DC in mind it should work out well for them.