2021 HC Candidates

Trentwannabe

53 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Too early to suggest Joe Brady?

After what he did at LSU and now how the Panthers offense hasn’t really missed a beat without McCaffrey, I could easily see a team talking themselves into the next young offensive minded coach. 

Yeah he’s not going to be an OC long. Teams love those young innovative guys with explosive offenses. 

Edited by sdrawkcab321

Way too early predictions:

Houston: Eric Bienemy - Great pairing for Watson

Atlanta: Matt Eberflus - Need to fix that defense and fast. The offense is ready to win now. 

NYJ: Jim Caldwell - not a long term solution but a guy who can change the culture and make them respectable again. JBC stays on staff and Teryl Austin comes on as DC.

Detroit: Brian Daboll - some fun weapons on offense for him to play with. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/4/2020 at 6:43 PM, TitanSlim said:

After what he did at LSU and now how the Panthers offense hasn’t really missed a beat without McCaffrey, I could easily see a team talking themselves into the next young offensive minded coach. 

if matt lafleur could get a head coaching gig after one mediocre season as an offensive coordinator (and, for that matter, mike vrabel could get a head coaching gig after one flat-out bad season as a defensive coordinator lol) then brady absolutely could be in the mix.

On 10/6/2020 at 9:09 AM, Trentwannabe said:

Way too early predictions:

Houston: Eric Bienemy - Great pairing for Watson

Atlanta: Matt Eberflus - Need to fix that defense and fast. The offense is ready to win now. 

NYJ: Jim Caldwell - not a long term solution but a guy who can change the culture and make them respectable again. JBC stays on staff and Teryl Austin comes on as DC.

Detroit: Brian Daboll - some fun weapons on offense for him to play with. 

I don't get your reasoning there. The Jets need to hit a home run with their next hire and you've got them squaring up to bunt. I think they'll sell out for Bieniemy, and if they can't get him they'll get either Daboll or Schottenheimer, who have both worked for the org before. 

Edited by Starless

On 10/4/2020 at 6:43 PM, TitanSlim said:

You leave him alone, he just a boah.

billy bob thornton edgar GIF

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Added Mike McDaniel, Mike Lafleur, Todd Bowles and Anthony Weaver to the list.

If the niners defense keeps up its play despite all the injuries, than Robert Saleh is going to be a hot candidate. He almost got the Browns job. 

I like McDaniel & Lafleur, but neither of them are full on coordinators. I think its more likely that one of them would potentially go with Saleh to be his OC, and then get HC looks a year from now if they're successful 

57 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

if matt lafleur could get a head coaching gig after one mediocre season as an offensive coordinator

I think that's selling him short
MLF also had a track record of success as QB coach in ATL when Matt Ryan won MVP as well as time with McVay in LA as the OC with # 1 offense in NFL
- so his resume was a bit deeper than just his Tennessee Tour.