QB 2022 and beyond

RandyMossIsBoss

27 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Never once have I said Wentz isnt accountable for his play. However pretending the endless carrosal of ever changing players isn't,  hasn't and wouldn't effect a QB and his overall play is a Joke!

We're not talking about a player here or a player there but every single positional starter  on offense but Jason Kelce and some of their back ups too!!! You do that to any other QB including everyones QB Gods they want to pimp in Rodgers, Mahomes and Brady and their play too will suffer.

He didn't go from throwing INT on a yearly basis like Rodgers, Young and Brady to Winston Justice over night for no reason. 

I'll revisit this in 8 weeks if Wentz survives that long and playing this bad. Which I doubt. Then we can watch Doug simplify and dumb down his  Offense for Hurts to succeed,  but not Wentz. It's like watching Andy/Donovan all over again.

This would work if we hadn't already seen him with everyone missing on offense. He played well last year in a worse situation. He even had the 4th string TE lining up at WR at times and he still performed. This year he isn't, and it isn't like his team is letting him down. It's all mental mistakes. He has regressed and there is no explanation for it. 

• Like 2

Haven’t watched every play but just going over some coaches film and trying to look at the plays where he’s had good protection but just held ball and there really aren’t guys getting open. I’ve noticrd it’s often zone in these situation, which you’re only beating w/ good route concepts or smart WRs (to go along w/ QB willing to fit into right window). Carson is at like a cross road where he’s almost afraid to pull trigger and throw guys open, perhaps traumatized by early miscommunications and having no chemistry... yet at same time not afraid to throw into double coverage? It’s odd. He plays scared sometimes, not others.

The INT to Reagor, if he was gonna force anything, he should back shouldered Scott, but Goeddert and I think Ward ran the dumbest route combination that had both within 5 yards of each other midfield. That was a 1st down, should just be a throwaway.

This doesn’t excuse taking sacks or throwing to defenders of course, a 5th year QB should be comfortable w/ the throwaway.... hell, a HS QB should.

2 hours ago, EAGLES3658 said:

This would work if we hadn't already seen him with everyone missing on offense. He played well last year in a worse situation. He even had the 4th string TE lining up at WR at times and he still performed. This year he isn't, and it isn't like his team is letting him down. It's all mental mistakes. He has regressed and there is no explanation for it. 

Guys who are paid a ton of money / franchise guys are expected to lift their team up every week. Aaron Rodgers has played incredibly well with no receivers the past few years. Russell Wilson dominates even if he has no O-Line. I get that Wentz isn't in the same stratosphere as these guys, but he's getting paid like it, and he has the tools to put it all together.

I think we just have to face the reality that at his best Wentz is a top 10-12ish guy. Can you win with a guy like that? Absolutely - but that's before they get paid a ton of money. Wentz has regressed hard this year, and he's not getting any younger (I think he's 28 or turning 28). I want the guy to succeed, but he's way too inconsistent, and I'd rather just re-tool / re-build with a coachable guy who plays within the offense. Obviously we can't move on from him yet, so the Eagles should at leas try to bring new coaches into the building next year to see if he's salvageable at all.

• Like 1

Some coaches film looks at a handful of clean pocket plays that ended in no gains or TOs.

Animated GIF

2 guys running routes vs 7 defenders in zone...

Animated GIF

Leaves pocket a bit early, but nobody is really getting open here. Does the unthinkable and throws it away!

Animated GIF

Makes right read with Hightower, with a good throw high that leads him to the middle that's a TD. This is a ball you need to, and can afford to, put it where only the WR can get it. Should either be big gain or an incompletion from leading Hightower too far. Instead he makes an awful throw, as if he was aiming for Diggs.

Animated GIF

Really nothing there from what I can see, may have been able to get Goeddert midfield if slot WR wasn't running near same spot. He has Scott in the flat for a brief moment but chooses to scramble instead, at which point he can still try for a tough throw to Scott up the sideline but instead makes what I think is just an impossibly bad throwaway.

Animated GIF

WRs/TEs just smothered. Makes right decision to throw away here.

So someone should be fired for Carson play this year is he bad because doug has failed to coach him? Or is he just bad and it falls on Howie making an incredibly stupid decision?

One of them needs to get the axe for us being in the situation where we are giving the worst QB in the nfl ~35 million dollars a year. 

38 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

RMB, non of those posts matter. Wentz should of made a play regardless. Every other QB in the NFL would of or at least 31 others. Just ask Ninja.

How about making just some plays? Two of those were the right decision to throw the ball away. The throw to Hightower was just gross, Hightower ran a good route, Wentz just throws it to the completely wrong spot. The other INT he should have taken the free yards in front of him and ran out of bounds. Both those plays were easy reads yet somehow they resulted in two turnovers. It is concerning. 

11 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Maybe the wind took the ball on the Hightower throw? Can't really see the ball well in that gif. 

nvm now that im looking at his shoulders it def looks like that's where he wanted the ball oddly

We looking at the same throw? If Hightower kept his straight line towards the post its actually perfect. Was he supposed to go at a 10 yd angle towards the hash? Or towards the far left post?

You guys are acting like it's impossible that Hightower ran the wrong angle? Maybe when they did that in practice Wentz was to throw to the A in Eagle? Is that not possible? It's like throwing to the back pylons or back shoulder. You're throwing to a spot? How do you know?

12 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Some coaches film looks at a handful of clean pocket plays that ended in no gains or TOs.

Animated GIF

2 guys running routes vs 7 defenders in zone...

Animated GIF

Leaves pocket a bit early, but nobody is really getting open here. Does the unthinkable and throws it away!

Animated GIF

Makes right read with Hightower, with a good throw high that leads him to the middle that's a TD. This is a ball you need to, and can afford to, put it where only the WR can get it. Should either be big gain or an incompletion from leading Hightower too far. Instead he makes an awful throw, as if he was aiming for Diggs.

Animated GIF

Really nothing there from what I can see, may have been able to get Goeddert midfield if slot WR wasn't running near same spot. He has Scott in the flat for a brief moment but chooses to scramble instead, at which point he can still try for a tough throw to Scott up the sideline but instead makes what I think is just an impossibly bad throwaway.

Animated GIF

WRs/TEs just smothered. Makes right decision to throw away here.

Wentz had quick throws on almost all of those plays. Except for #1. That play design is stupid. 

That said, he didnt go with the hot routes nor the mid cross/outs; which was compounded by your WRs not going into scramble drills and just getting to an open spot. 

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

We looking at the same throw? If Hightower kept his straight line towards the post its actually perfect. Was he supposed to go at a 10 yd angle towards the hash? Or towards the far left post?

You guys are acting like it's impossible that Hightower ran the wrong angle? Maybe when they did that in practice Wentz was to throw to the A in Eagle? Is that not possible? It's like throwing to the back pylons or back shoulder. You're throwing to a spot? How do you know?

I think it is very obvious that ball is supposed to be thrown to the right hash, not the left. The WR should be running away from the CB to create distance(right hash), not running into the CB and trying to go through him(left hash).

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

The Hightower int was entirely Wentz fault.