GDT 10/4/20 Week 4: 2-1 Baltimore Ravens vs 1-2 Washington Football Team

DreamKid

Just now, RavensTillIDie said:

Why are we not talking more about Jaylon "Sack Daddy" Ferguson? Dude looked really good in limited action. You don't set collegiate records for no reason. I still see a lot of promise there, given the opportunity.

I honestly didn't even realize he was playing besides that sack. I'll wait for someone with Gamepass to break it down.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

I honestly didn't even realize he was playing besides that sack. I'll wait for someone with Gamepass to break it down.

He only saw 24 snaps (34%) on defense, but that's up from 17 (23%) in the previous game. Assuming he continues to show in limited action, I expect him to slowly creep up in terms of snap count as the season progresses. Actually had more tackles in that game alone vs the entire season so far (3 to 1), doubled the # of QB hits on the season (2 to 1) and obviously got an incredibly impressive sack on a relatively mobile QB. All very promising signs of a player starting to mature and develop in his second year.

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

Strong disagree. Don't see it out of him very often at all. Quite the contrary.

But we won't turn this into the 10th Bowser debate over the past few months haha. Bottom line is the pass rush (as a unit) needs to step it up.

I don’t disagree. I agree that an edge should be high up in our needs.

14 hours ago, drd23 said:

EDGE or C for mine

Agreed.

Those are my top two needs as well. After that I’d probably have pass rushing IDL, WR, and CB in line with on another for one reason or another.

If WR preferably someone that can get in and out of their breaks quickly and not like a lazy bum. Regardless of their size.

1 hour ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Why are we not talking more about Jaylon "Sack Daddy" Ferguson? Dude looked really good in limited action. You don't set collegiate records for no reason. I still see a lot of promise there, given the opportunity.

Yeah aside from the one sack (which was impressive), I didn't even realize he played.

37 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Yikes, disagree. McPhee has been putting in work this year man. 

3 tackles and 0 sacks? I saw him fail at holding the edge vs Washington. Admittedly I haven't been paying attention every play. But McPhee has had a lot more pass rush opportunities than Ferguson and hasn't done much.  

7 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I’m waiting to see more from him. He’s had a few notable plays this season. I think he’s got some potential to be solid. That said I saw more from Bowser before I started banging the table to see more of him. So I’m going to wait a bit more before I make a judgment on him and more than that before I start banging the table for him.

1 hour ago, AngusMcFife said:

3 tackles and 0 sacks? I saw him fail at holding the edge vs Washington. Admittedly I haven't been paying attention every play. But McPhee has had a lot more pass rush opportunities than Ferguson and hasn't done much.  

Watch the film. Playing well doesn't exclusively mean solid stats when you play Edge. 

8 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

Are you guys ready to look dominate again next week?

With Burrow, there is a good chance you guys can dink n dunk against our defense all game - so no.

I am confident Ravens are a better team, but you should not underestimate how bad our pass rush is - even though you guys have the biggest turd in the NFL at right tackle.