STAR WARS Mafia (Galactic Empire, Lando Calrissian wins!)

On 10/5/2020 at 10:21 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

Blue on Night 4:

You've unlocked a Hidden Event.

With Luke and Leia dead, the last reminders of your past are vanquished. You are now fully engulfed within the Dark Side of the Force.

TCTglqRpT3eNmt42GezOYe5jFZgREGbX8e6RbaOJN7AZ7MDWltg0B_iJSd242vVSO_l6F9m0hHxckKYOGbSom-BFZ1Onwh8Zes3hvL0hpxUW8XInjvC2A6FoGm9BgCicwkR8w1US

You have a choice to make as the Emperor still lives. Sick of being used and glory being taken soley by the Emperor, you remember it is ultimately the goal of every Sith Apprentice to overthrow their Master. Your prime was cut short, taking your ambitions with it. However, given the chaos still surrounding the Empire, this is your last chance to attempt ultimate victory, ruling the galaxy yourself, or be content with being the Emperor's dog until he finds a suitable replacement. Attempting the coup will change your alignment and win condition, but no one else's. It will also refresh all uses of your Force Choke ability, and add the Imperial Usurper ability.

The choice is yours, but it must be made by the night moves deadline (failure to respond will remove your ability to pursue taking the throne for yourself).

If Blue had chosen that option, the alignment and new ability would've been:

New Galactic Empire: Eliminate Emperor Sheev Palpatine, and all threats to the Galactic Empire.

Imperial Usurper (passive): Any Galactic Empire player you use Force Choke on (except Sheev Palplatine) will not only be roleblocked, but also converted to New Galactic Empire. Additionally, if Sheev Palplatine is killed while you are alive, all living Galactic Empire players are converted to New Galactic Empire.

@MWil23  I tried to warn you that this was in play

Blue never took the opportunity.  

• Like 2

Just now, Hockey5djh said:

Also @TheKillerNacho why Mas Amedda? He wasn't really in the original trilogy.

In short, I wanted a miller (a townie that most would find suspect). To elaborate...

1. I always try to include a role or two people wouldn't fully expect are in the game. Chomps down on meta assumptions a bit. I knew if he claimed he wouldn't be believed.

2. I wanted a character who would come up as a potential "guilty" for the two Stormtrooper invests (Title and Human or Non-Human). Mas Amedda fit the bill as he is a non-human Senator (matches Leia's title)

3. I used to play the Star Wars Miniatures game and Mas Amedda was like, a staple of all my Imperial squads so he has a special place in my heart, oddly. lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

@Blue this is exactly why I hardclaimed LOL, and I was actually debating about this new potential win con existing, albeit not with Luke and Leia dying...but I wondered if it would happen:

I was able to get another lightsaber, which I used to block or parey the rest of the game.

@Blue when I pointed out the mechanic of a Jedi lightsaber, I was trying to hint that you should PAREY as the Jedi would try to kill you with that lightsaber :)

I had used Parry the Night before, or else that would have been my strategy. I was dead no matter what I did that Night.

1 hour ago, SwAg said:

Did Blue stop killing me, or did someone make him stop?

You were a good boy, so I let you live and choked out Flacco instead.

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I know! :)

If it makes you feel any better, I decided to parlay my lightsaber so that if @Blue tried to cut me down with it, I would know and disarm him :)

That's what you think. If I wanted to kill you, I would have simply Force Choked you and used the lightsaber.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I had used Parry the Night before, or else that would have been my strategy. I was dead no matter what I did that Night.

Ah, got it! When did you realize that I had my lightsaber back? I very much tried to alert you and hopefully use some WIFOM by quoting the "nice job!" on Pickle when Josh and I killed him, hoping that perhaps the Jedi would hesitate to kill you with a lightsaber just in case. It clearly didn't work. :)

1 minute ago, Blue said:

That's what you think. If I wanted to kill you, I would have simply Force Choked you and used the lightsaber.

To be fair, you should have done that after N2 when I almost lost us the game. I was going to electrocute Pickle until Malf hired out to kill him, and then switched it to Tugboat with a kill on Glen via lightsaber.

I was TRYING to kill 2 of the 4 people on your Quadquarter...so I ended up erroniously killing Malf and then still killed Town Tugboat.

That said, I decided to tell just enough truth about my powerup to help Town, while lying about the other portion enough to cast doubt.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Imagine the chaos that ensues if @Blue tries to kill me, fails, and yet succeeds in blocking/choking me. That makes for an interesting dynamic! 

Imagine if he simply had flipped New Galactic Empire the night he died. You would have no way of knowing when this conversion took place or how many people he converted lol

• Like 2