2021 NFL Draft Thread

34 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Rountree the Mizzu RB is a pretty talented back. Doesn’t have elite burts but he’s a physical back he has good vision. To go along with that Bolton isn’t a explosive athlete. We won’t be improving TE coverage adding a guy like him. Zaven Collins from Tulsa has really become the LB I’m super high on throughout the year he’s 6’-5”. You add that length to Chase Tez and Payne the way these guys knock passes man this guy would be just like that. Zaven is a slower version of the VT LB that buffalo drafted  I can’t remember his name and I’m being lazy but I think Collins if he is there round 2 you jump on him if Brevin Jordan isn’t available 

I guess if we’re drafting Zaven Collins, Holcomb moves to MLB?

Are you talking about Edmunds from Buffalo?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I guess if we’re drafting Zaven Collins, Holcomb moves to MLB?

Are you talking about Edmunds from Buffalo?

Yeah I just couldn’t remember that name 😂😂😂 that is probably the best for us systematically because if we have the collins’s outside and then you have Cole in the middle that’s a solid unit. Collins is very sneaky athletic rushing the passer and running with lanky TE’s. He’s the player I think I want to see on this team the most on the defensive side omg the ball in this class. If Mullens could come out the CB from Indiana I’d want him the most he and Fairly have the best multi scheme abilities as far as playing off zone and press man. Those two can play both very well. I don’t really think we can go wrong with any combo of positions with our top 2. If we went defense and got FS/ CB and LB I think you really make that defense a great unit. If we mix our pick then our need would be TE and LB. but OL could be the most now impact if you go with a Davis from OSU or you luck into a Derrishaw or Cosmi. I think Pitts goes too 10 so I just see no way we luck our way into he or DeVonta Smith. But as much as I love Smith I think Toney is right there and can be gotten. And the fact that this team could be on the jump as of right now with out QB situation I think there’s a real chance they fall in love with a guy and go get him. But they could do really well to work their roster move a player or two not in future plans for picks in next years draft and just get your guy in that class and this year just top off this roster with playmakers throughout

And Mizzu has a Saftey Bledsoe who lined up in the slot man that guy can play slot or the deep hes a talented prospect for sure with nobody talking about him man someone’s gonna steak this guy. Almost reminds me of Kam Curl playing that FS slot at Arkansas

On 12/23/2020 at 5:33 PM, turtle28 said:

@Woz The things you come up with sometimes in posts are amazing. I hope they keep expanding the playoffs in FBS. I don’t know if they’ll ever get to what they do in FCS but, if they can slowly add 2 team every few years, that makes sense to me just to try it. They can always play less regular season games - a few games each year are meaningless cupcakes anyway - just get rid of them. Make it at 10 game regular season then, into the playoffs. 

I don't see how they just add 2 teams. I could see @naptownskinsfan's suggestion of all five Power 5 champions plus three "at-large" (one of which is a guaranteed G5 champion). Still that stinks something awful, but that would be a bridge.

However, I doubt they go there because the system suits the Power 5 + Notre Dame just fine, and I suspect the G5 are worried about losing their half a loaf. @Thaiphoon is right on that front; there's no incentive for the "haves" to put themselves in a position where they could be upset by a "have not." At the same time, even though there are now equal numbers in both groups, the power is still skewed.

It's too bad, because again, Thai is right. It would be much more entertaining.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I wonder if we could trade two first round picks for Deshaun Watson? Lol

If they were smart they would. They don’t have picks and they have bad cap moves and they just need a whole tear down and they could do it quick trading players and try again. 

You know I have a binder I wrote notes on and inside the cover I have a paper that says pick the player your the most scared to play against. Trey Lance might compete against a lower completion but this guy is seriously going to be a game wrecker!!! We all got robbed of this season but this guy wasn’t opting out. I think this guy seriously loves football. He’s as exciting as it gets from that position. And you somehow stare this guy in the face in the first you really better know this guy could haunt you for years to come I’d hate to be that team!!! He and Gibson in the same backfield and you get yourself some help around Terry and upgrade the TE position get yourself another OL starter man maybe he doesn’t start week one but I’d expect it wouldn’t take long to beat out what we already have. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

You know I have a binder I wrote notes on and inside the cover I have a paper that says pick the player your the most scared to play against. Trey Lance might compete against a lower completion but this guy is seriously going to be a game wrecker!!! We all got robbed of this season but this guy wasn’t opting out. I think this guy seriously loves football. He’s as exciting as it gets from that position. And you somehow stare this guy in the face in the first you really better know this guy could haunt you for years to come I’d hate to be that team!!! He and Gibson in the same backfield and you get yourself some help around Terry and upgrade the TE position get yourself another OL starter man maybe he doesn’t start week one but I’d expect it wouldn’t take long to beat out what we already have. 

He’ll be there when we pick so they’ll have that opportunity. I’d be shocked if he doesn’t tumble. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

He’ll be there when we pick so they’ll have that opportunity. I’d be shocked if he doesn’t tumble. 

I understand why he would but I just think the guy is a beast!!! For sure needs coaching but man you want to be a top running team and control clock man this guy gives you that.

• Like 1

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/26/highly-drafted-quarterbacks-rarely-transform-bad-franchises/ 

In fact, of the NFL’s eight current division leaders, none drafted their quarterback first overall. None even drafted their quarterback in the Top 5.

Four current division leaders used a first-round pick on a quarterback, but none followed the “tanking” model to get him: The Chiefs were a playoff when they traded up to draft Patrick Mahomes. The Bills were a playoff team when they traded up to draft Josh Allen. The Packers were a playoff team when they drafted Aaron Rodgers. The Steelers were a 6-10 team but had been in the playoffs the two years before that when they drafted Ben Roethlisberger No. 11 overall.

The other four division leaders did not draft their starting quarterback in the first round: The Seahawks drafted Russell Wilson in the third round. The Saints signed Drew Brees as a free agent. Washington traded for Alex Smith after the Chiefs decided to move on from him. The Titans traded for Ryan Tannehill after the Dolphins decided to move on from him.

• Like 1