2021 NFL Draft Thread

2 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

I Do with our Coaching staff,who is also in charge of picking the GM it seems.If you told me Kyle Smith was the GM I don't think we'd trade the pick.
I don't see us going into next year with Alex Smith and Kyle Allen coming off a broken Leg as our 2 vet QBs it might not be a trade it could be something like Tyrod Taylor,Ryan Fitzpatrick,or Cam Newton.

I just don't see us trading up for a QB or selecting the 4-6th best in the 1st when are a win from playoffs and coaches have to think we will be in it again next year and they have complete control,they don't look 5-10 years down the road like a gm should they want to win now if that is possible.

I 100% would rather draft the 4th or 6th best QB in the draft to develop behind Alex & Kyle Allen then to sign Cam Newton, Ryan Fitzpatrick or Tyrod Taylor.

This franchise needs a new direction, it’s needed a new direction at QB since Rivera first benched Dwayne bc he knew he wasn’t the answer.

Cam, Fitz or Tyrod are bandaids on a problem that is long term. We need a long term answer.

Our bandaids can be Alex Smith and Kyle Allen, but we need an answer. Cam, Fitz & Tyrod aren’t answers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

I Do with our Coaching staff,who is also in charge of picking the GM it seems.If you told me Kyle Smith was the GM I don't think we'd trade the pick.

So, it's solely due to Rivera? I'm not sure I agree then either since I think Rivera believes in the guys he has already (Smith, Allen, and possibly Heinicke).

I don't see us going into next year with Alex Smith and Kyle Allen coming off a broken Leg as our 2 vet QBs it might not be a trade it could be something like Tyrod Taylor,Ryan Fitzpatrick,or Cam Newton.

Now, I could buy the notion that they will do something to help bolster the QB position. I just don't know if they would make a major trade for a guy like Stafford.

I just don't see us trading up for a QB or selecting the 4-6th best in the 1st when are a win from playoffs and coaches have to think we will be in it again next year and they have complete control,they don't look 5-10 years down the road like a gm should they want to win now if that is possible.

Depends on if they fall in love with a guy or not. I suspect no, but stranger things happen. Probably more likely if they're home for January and are lurking around the 8-11 spots.

2 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Are you guys OK with Lucas being our starting LT going into next season or should we draft one?

Am I okay with it? I guess.

Am I thrilled by it? Not really.

Would I extend him? Yes, if for no other reason than not having to reach for a LT.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Are you guys OK with Lucas being our starting LT going into next season or should we draft one?

Yes, I’ve been saying he could be but I wouldn’t pass up a top LT in the draft if they fell to us.

Seriously though, what the hell was the coaching staff evaluating in August?

Why did Dwayne begin the season as the starter over Kyle or Alex?

Why did Apke start over Everrett?

Why did Christian & Wes Martin start over Lucas & Wes Schweitzer?

I just don’t understand it. That’s an indictment on them.  I think Rivera is a great motivator, but I question his personnel decisions.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Woz said:

Am I okay with it? I guess.

Am I thrilled by it? Not really.

Would I extend him? Yes, if for no other reason than not having to reach for a LT.

Lucas has another year in his deal. I wouldn’t extend him this offseason. I’d extend him during next season if he’s still playing well.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Lucas has another year in his deal. I wouldn’t extend him this offseason. I’d extend him during next season if he’s still playing well.

Ah, I thought it was just a one year gig. Yeah, in that case, no reason to extend yet.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Yes, I’ve been saying he could be but I wouldn’t pass up a top LT in the draft if they fell to us.

Seriously though, what the hell was the coaching staff evaluating in August?

Why did Dwayne begin the season as the starter over Kyle or Alex?

Why did Apke start over Everrett?

Why did Christian & Wes Martin start over Lucas & Wes Schweitzer?

I just don’t understand it. That’s an indictment on them.  I think Rivera is a great motivator, but I question his personnel decisions.

You should question his personnel decisions he’s about to replace the guys who have drafted the players he came here for 😂😂😂

7 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

See? THIS is what I was afraid of. In a year where the entire division is a dumpster fire, imagine thinkin you're a legitimate playoff calibre team just because you won the division this year.

And then compounding the error by making decisions that affect the long-term trajectory of the franchise because of that fool's gold.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

See? THIS is what I was afraid of. In a year where the entire division is a dumpster fire, imagine thinkin you're a legitimate playoff calibre team just because you won the division this year.

And then compounding the error by making decisions that affect the long-term trajectory of the franchise because of that fool's gold.

season 2 lol GIF by #Impastor

34 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Then blame Snyder for putting Rivera in charge, but Rivera’s job is to win games.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I don't think we're superbowl contenders but don't think we suck as badly as some people in here seem to think,we went 4-1 once we got a guy that could at least manage the game and not give it away on offense.
We beat a top 3 seed in the AFC and had the ball driving to win the game vs a top 3 NFC seed with Haskins playing the whole game and without are starting HB.

We have a top 5 defense and I don't see that changing only real loss should be Kerrigan but we'll get the Greek and Collins back from IR.

If they can find a way to get the offense from 30th to the 15-20 range I could see us winning division next year.Don't think we're best team this year but don't think the season has been fools gold either.