2021 NFL Draft Thread

7 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Pretty good test for your guy tonight. Typically I’d laugh off a Big 12 defense, but Oklahoma’s D has been much improved since starting out absolutely horribly this year. 

He’s going to have to have his hands full without those receivers he’s leaned on all year. But if he goes out and keeps on piling up those crazy numbers without Pitts and Toney and Grimes, he could really open the eyes of folks who think he’s basically just been a facilitator. 

I’m pretty sure this is where the Trask train stops but I’ve been wrong before. I’m just not sold. I think all 3 of those pass catchers move up the board tonight and Trask is sitting on his 3rd round grade.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Not looking good for Trask, he just threw a pick six. 😢

Yeah, that was not great. Stared it down all the way, got it jumped big time.

Possible that the WR ran a bad route, and he definitely didn’t help Trask out by coming back to the ball, but that was pretty much a classic pick 6 waiting to happen. And that’s also where the mediocre arm is a problem, just doesn’t have the zip to fit those balls in on some of those out breaking routes before the defender can get there. 

Plenty of time to bounce back. Hope he does.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Yikes, another pick. 

That was a tough break. Tipped ball, didn’t appear to be a great throw, but you have to assume Pitts would have come down with it. Obviously that’s kind of damning with faint praise, but a tough break for the kid.

Pitts definitely should’ve caught that ball. On film that looks worse on Pitts than Trask, on the stat sheet it looks bad on Trask. That’s why watching the players matters.

Edited by turtle28

27 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Pitts definitely should’ve caught that ball. On film that looks worse on Pitts than Trask, on the stat sheet it looks bad on Trask. That’s why watching the players matters.

Pitts isn’t playing, I think that was maybe the backup TE Gamble? 

Pitts, Toney, and Grimes all opted out of this game. And Copeland can’t play due to COVID. So Trask is super-shorthanded. Almost an impossible situation for any kid to succeed in, especially without a ton of notice — but it kinda hurts when the primary (negative) narrative about you is folks wondering if you would be nearly as good without your star weapons. 

Not much excuse for pick #3. It just wasn’t there. You can’t throw that ball.

Watching it again, maybe he got hit on the release? I can’t see it that well, even from the other angle, but it looks (and sounds a little like there was some contact). Still...yikes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

He came up very short on a big stage.  He is going to fall a bit.  He might be available in the second round.

I think he was always pretty likely to make it to the second round, or at least the very end of the 1st — where teams sometimes like to move up to grab that 5th year option on QBs and other premium positions. Now that seems pretty much cemented. 

The good (great) news for him is that he’s a senior and will have the opportunity to do the Senior Bowl (COVID permitting). That will probably mean a good bit more to scouts and teams than this bowl game, and it will give him a chance to make sure the last time folks see him play as a prospect isn’t this debacle. All is not lost for him.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, e16bball said:

Not much excuse for pick #3. It just wasn’t there. You can’t throw that ball.

Watching it again, maybe he got hit on the release? I can’t see it that well, even from the other angle, but it looks (and sounds a little like there was some contact). Still...yikes. 

The game he had is def about what I expected there’s trucks and there are trailers. He isn’t a truck I get he didn’t have weapons but he did against LSU and Bama and with weapons that’s as close as it gets to a NFL defense. He’s a 3rd too me and has been all year. This game I won’t beat him down for it’s just where I see him. These days with these super star talents out wide teams are masking QB’s who are throwing to spots. They aren’t making a read outside of single man hike and throw that’s not playing QB.   It’s not going through progressions and it’s just apart of college and the Steelers and teams with older QB’s have been doing it all year. Brady is a truely special player with the way he processes the field during a play. You see how much other players rely on their arms and legs to buy time once they get older and have to start throwing to spots. 

So, I think we just saw that under pressure Trask will make mistakes. I feel awful for him bc in his last college game he played his worst game in two years.

But man, OU was awesome. It really sucks they had those two losses early in the year bc that team deserved to be in the playoffs over Notre Dame and Ohio State with the way the played last night. 

OU is going to definitely be one of the best teams in the college football next year and they actually might be the best with the QBs that Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame, Florida, Ohio State and Texas A&M will be losing. 

I love nothing more than the SEC to take a hit also bc they do play good and great football in other conferences. Yea, the SEC is the best conference in the nation but, it’s not by miles like most in the media or SEC fans would make you believe.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, offbyone said:

He came up very short on a big stage.  He is going to fall a bit.  He might be available in the second round.

A lot depends on the combine and the pro days etc but I do agree Trask is likely to go 2nd round. I’m not sure if he falls all the way to the 3rd round, but it’s possible.