Valkyrie Mafia: D8 Ends Saturday at 10 PM EST

The Orca

On 10/16/2020 at 9:40 AM, bigbadbuff said:

I'm town for once baby i'm ready to hunt some scum

Ok, screw the tinfoil Dome theory, this took long enough. This is the first of a set of close posts that caught my attention. Here, bbb is warming up to Pickle, who is sparting with Swag.

On 10/16/2020 at 9:42 AM, bigbadbuff said:

lol just noticed the pun here. touche

Immediately after, he warms up to Malf. Normally no big deal, but in the context of later posts, it looked like a scum trying to buddy up.

On 10/16/2020 at 10:44 AM, bigbadbuff said:

Asking people to claim instantly and not understanding why that is an issue. You’re the only one that’s even a little bit sus so far. Why would anyone vote anyone but you as of now? And then you hard claim a masonry an hour into D1...yikes

This is the beginning of the meat of the argument against him. Here, he says that Jason is the only player who's even a little suspicious.

On 10/16/2020 at 10:49 AM, bigbadbuff said:

Maybe Naz is his scum mate and will back him thinking we won’t put it all together???!!

This was a reply to me, after Jason claimed. I think everyone knows how unlikely this scenario actually is. Bbb just really wants the lynch train on jason to continue.

On 10/16/2020 at 12:37 PM, bigbadbuff said:

Mwill is giving me Hitler vibes

I went back and looked through to see what MWil had done that was so suspicious. I couldn’t find it. Other posters made a case, but not bbb. Never said why he thought MWil was scummy.

And it was just two hours after he thought jason was the only even vaguely suspicious player. But the train moved on, and so did he.

On 10/16/2020 at 9:45 PM, bigbadbuff said:

I think Mwill is scum

Continuation from above. MWil’s last post at this point was several pages ago.

On 10/16/2020 at 9:51 PM, bigbadbuff said:

Why would you welcome votes on you if you are town? When i started playing mafia i was told that is scum tactic 101

This struck me as an odd argument, especially here. I seem to see a lot of players here suggest the very opposite: that overly paranoid players have something to hide, especially as a general rule.

22 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

COORS SUCKS

This was bbb’s only post in between these others. It’s important to note that this is when the mission train started to pick up.

15 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Why mission? Because he’s mission and hasn’t posted? I don’t get that..

Here, he defends mission, who is obviously being voted for inactivity, a common tactic here to kill off either useless town or lurking scum. I have never seen bbb decry this before. But he does here for someone with like 1 post.

14 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

I get it, but i feel like there’s better day one hits as of now. 

Here’s where it goes from passive defense to suspiciously active defense.

14 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Pickle mwill or dome IMO.

Or what reason for mission over any other inactive d1 player? Is it just consensus that he won’t participate so might as well lynch him early? I’ve only played with him i think twice so I’m not sure how active he generally is

This was like two hours before the deadline, and he is pushing the guy fingering someone who has one vote (his), the guy fingering the obvious lynch and seemingly VI, and Pickle.

And, despite his previous arguments, jason is nowhere to be found on that list.

Now I forgot to quote the recent one, but his attack on KSJ for voting Forge doesn’t look good. Anyone with a kill is inherently suspicious. Forge openly admitting it changes things a little, but it absolutely doesn’t clear him.

Further, KSJ was the Day 1 inactive target is Star Wars. He’s an easy target. BBB knows that.

It’s unreasonable not to at least be suspicious of Forge. But between that, hard defending Mission, and never laying out his reasoning, I think he’s scum.

Lynch Bbb.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Glen said:

how decent of a player is Naz?

Scum not killing the lolcleared town is kinda sus.

But Jason is a bad player so I kinda get not killing him.

Know nothing about Naz though.

Naz doesn’t play until endgame. He’s a common Day 1 inactive push.

If the scum spent their kill on one of them, we could probably narrow the list down to bad/new players.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Literally the only hesitation I have about voting for Buff is that there is near-total consensus that he's scum among vocal players, and ferreting out scum that easily feels unlikely at this stage of the game.

I don’t disagree with that, but IMO who isn’t vocal could also stand out. Daniel hit the nail on the head above.

The KSJ vote is also viable. 

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Literally the only hesitation I have about voting for Buff is that there is near-total consensus that he's scum among vocal players, and ferreting out scum that easily feels unlikely at this stage of the game.

I also have my Dome theory, which is that he betrayed Mission early on, since he definitely couldn’t have known he was actually scum.

Maybe he knew there was no VI and that playing like it early on would be a safe move for him.

Because I don’t know why he would think mission was bussed.

That’s the tinfoil theory, and I’m too lazy to go back snd quote all of his stuff. Maybe later.

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

I also have my Dome theory, which is that he betrayed Mission early on, since he definitely couldn’t have known he was actually scum.

Maybe he knew there was no VI and that playing like it early on would be a safe move for him.

Because I don’t know why he would think mission was bussed.

That’s the tinfoil theory, and I’m too lazy to go back snd quote all of his stuff. Maybe later.

I’ve said for a while now that I’d absolutely bus mission if we were scum together since he’d probably get modkilled anyway and it would buy me some credibility.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Name them