NCAA Basketball Thread: '21-22

NYRaider

Sheds a little more light on Juwan also trying to fight Mark Turgeon during last year’s B1G Tournament. 

Maybe the second time’s the charm for there being some consequences for him trying to fight other coaches. I realize he’s a true badass, as evidenced by his efforts to throw hands with older men a foot shorter than him, but still — maybe he could rein it in a little?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Howard a sore loser for sure. No way he gets fired though. Both coaches was wrong for escalating that. But Howard was way more wrong. First for even being mad about the time out in first place. Than for not shaking hands and than throwing a punch. Just stupid.  

They wouldn’t have called the timeout in the first place if he wasn’t pressing the Wisconsin scrubs like a jackass after Gard called off the dogs and took out out his main rotation players. 

Obviously the way it works is that Juwan gets to do whatever he wants, but you have to play by all the “unwritten rules.” And Juwan gets to say whatever he wants to you, but if you respond in any way, he’s going to lose his absolute mind and try to go after you. 

I was at least a moderate Juwan Howard fan from his days with the Bullets, but the guy is an absolute clown.

[You’re right, though, no chance he gets fired or long-term banned. But I think there’s a fair chance he’s gone for the rest of the B1G season after actually hitting another coach this time]

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

That was awesome I might become a Michigan basketball fan now. 

Ehhh Howard should definitely face a harsh punishment… at least a 20 game suspension. Coaches are held to a higher standard and punching another coach is unacceptable. His reasoning is not acceptable. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Ehhh Howard should definitely face a harsh punishment… at least a 20 game suspension. Coaches are held to a higher standard and punching another coach is unacceptable. His reasoning is not acceptable. 

Lol. He ain't getting 20 games. Stop it. It's a 3 to 5 game suspension at most. 

21 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Lol. He ain't getting 20 games. Stop it. It's a 3 to 5 game suspension at most. 

For punching another coach…? Is NCAA really this lenient? Pro Sports he’s done for the year easy. Don’t forget coaches are held to a much higher standard. 

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

For punching another coach…? Is NCAA really this lenient? Pro Sports he’s done for the year easy. Don’t forget coaches are held to a much higher standard. 

Well it was an open handed slap.

Gard shouldn’t physically grab Howard and try to force him to talk to him even if he’s being super salty. But Howard didn’t even hit Gard it was the assistant. I wonder what was said.