NCAA Basketball Thread: '21-22

NYRaider

14 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Some times watching college basketball is extremely hard. Kids see a 2-3 zone and have no clue what to do. Shaka Smart doing Shaka Smart things.  Awful coach 

College basketball officials are even worse than the NFL, tho. I have no idea what is a foul and is not a foul in college basketball. 

38 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Some times watching college basketball is extremely hard. Kids see a 2-3 zone and have no clue what to do. Shaka Smart doing Shaka Smart things.  Awful coach 

I remember the good ole days when he was the hottest young coaching prospect in the country at VCU. Shaka and Stevens were viewed as the two coaches most likely to get the blue blood jobs whenever Roy, K, Calipari, or Self moved on. 

In his 5 years at Texas he has pretty much destroyed his reputation. Has never won more than 21 games, never won an NCAA tournament game, they've only won 55% of their games, and 46% of their conference games. 

4 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Duke’s trash this year but if the young guys (Roach,Steward,Brakefield, Williams) return next year to go with the recruiting class, they could be really good next season.

Jalen Johnson leaving has really benefited Brakefield the most.

Duke is 5-0 in games without Johnson this season. He was clearly an issue both on and off the court. If Roach, Steward, Moore, and Hurt return next season and we can also land Patrick Baldwin Jr and Trevor Keels I think that's a team that can win a national championship. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Duke is 5-0 in games without Johnson this season. He was clearly an issue both on and off the court. If Roach, Steward, Moore, and Hurt return next season and we can also land Patrick Baldwin Jr and Trevor Keels I think that's a team that can win a national championship. 

I think Hurts is good as gone. He’s playing lights out right now and I don’t see his stock getting any higher.

The mix of quality upperclass role players, mixed with the potential star power recruiting class could certainly make next season memorable. As we saw with Johnson this year though, it’s all about how the guys mesh together.

On 2/21/2021 at 3:48 PM, TitanSlim said:

I think Hurts is good as gone. He’s playing lights out right now and I don’t see his stock getting any higher.

The mix of quality upperclass role players, mixed with the potential star power recruiting class could certainly make next season memorable. As we saw with Johnson this year though, it’s all about how the guys mesh together.

I think there's a strong chance Hurt comes back to school. He is having a great year but he's not a great NBA prospect and never will be. 

We're whooping Syracuse tonight, 6-0 without Jalen, 5-8 with him.